+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do the really early pregnancy tests work??

I've just had a negative result from the forelife pregnancy test, AF is due in 7 days and the test says it can give a result 5-7 days before AF and of course i'm impatient so tested today!

Has anyone seen a positive result with this or a similar test (that says it's possible to get a result) so early?

I have a clearblue test i'll use next week but just wondering how accurate it can be this early, and if anyone has had a positive result?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    If you look at the fine print on the packaging it usually says the percentage of accuracy in the days before a missed period. It's about 50% ish at 5 days before, so not terribly reliable.

You probably want to wait until at east a few days before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    First response says up to 6 days before missed period (5 days before period due) but I got a bfn at 10dpo and a faint positive at 12dpo this time around. The box says 99% accurate from day before expected period.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I tested at 10dpo with a frer and got a nice dark positive so that was 4 days before AF was due. Im now 22 weeks pregnant

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (14-01-2014),Lottiemum  (08-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I used that kind of test with my 1st and got a positive 5 days before my period was due. So yes they can work. 2nd time around I was tired of getting my hopes dashed month after month with negative results so I waited until my period was a few days late.
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have tested positive before a missed period with 3 pregnancies now.

I got a clear 2nd line 5 days before AF was due with DD2 and with my current pregnancy.

I have only ever used first response and confirm preg tests.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok thanks all, i will test again next week maybe the day before AF is due (that's when it worked last time so fingers crossed..) i know the box warns you about accuracy but was just wondering because it's pretty poor form to advertise 7 days before when it wouldn't work, if no one ever got a result. I had always thought implanatation, and therefore the start of hcg levels increasing, was about 7 dpo but was just hoping for a positive this morning!