+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bleeding and slight cramping after intercourse

Hi there,
    I'm scared at the moment, so decided to post here..
    I'm 7 weeks pregnant and had sex yesterday afternoon for the first time since my bfp. After a shower I checked my cervix and there was some bleeding mixed with semen. I tried not to get too upset and did not tell hubby as he was afraid to have sex and I advised him it should be fine...
    i started having some light cramping yesterday evening.
    Today there is some slight bleeding and small bloody bits mixed with cm when I check (I am scared so have been checking a lot). It's now past 24 hours and it is still the same.
    i went to the doc this morning who was not much help; he took a urine sample to check for a urinary tract infection and advised its a threatened mc and if its going to happen its going t happen, just wait and see.

please help, I'm going insane.

if it helps I till have sore boobs, and very slight nausea (nausea has only started in last few days)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Your cervix is very sensitive and has a hugely increased blood supply in preg so can bleed easily.

Try not to worry. Get a scan referral from a different gp if u can to ease your mind

Me: 31, DH: 33, DD1: 8, DD2: 6 😃 #3 due Sept 2014 ❤

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SunshineMunky For This Useful Post:

Nessa1980  (13-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the same thing happen after dtd at 20 weeks. Dd is now 9 1/2 months old. Honestly, I'd get a second opinion if you are still worried. The nurse is right though, if you are going to mc there really isn't anything you can do about it and it would have likely happened anyway.

Could you request an u/s and get your hcg checked ?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cluckcluck For This Useful Post:

Nessa1980  (13-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I will try with another doc and ask for a scan referral, thanks (as I'm so worried and need something to ease my mind). The only issue is work doesn't know I'm pregnant (I'm only 7 weeks) and I called in sick today, but tried to work from my laptop at home!). Don't think I'll be able to have another day off as my colleague is suffering!!
    im worried sick but will try to get to a different doc for a referral asap.
    im kicking myself for Dtd yesterday, it seemed worth it at the time but its north worth all this worrying and waiting,
    that's for sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessa1980 View Post
    I think I will try with another doc and ask for a scan referral, thanks (as I'm so worried and need something to ease my mind). The only issue is work doesn't know I'm pregnant (I'm only 7 weeks) and I called in sick today, but tried to work from my laptop at home!). Don't think I'll be able to have another day off as my colleague is suffering!!
    im worried sick but will try to get to a different doc for a referral asap.
    im kicking myself for Dtd yesterday, it seemed worth it at the time but its north worth all this worrying and waiting,
    that's for sure.
    Just try to get in to a Dr tomorrow and get a medical certificate, they won't write why you weren't at work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is there anyone else out there that has had bleeding and slight cramping after DTD and its lasted past 24hrs, and its all been fine?
    Need some success stories to make me feel better tonight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The first thing a MW or OB/GYN will ask you if you report a bleeding while pregnant is whether it was just after having sex.

I would still consult with a GP that has the agreement to do shared care with your local hospital or if you are very worried just go to the ER.
    They won't turn you away.

Chances are everything is fine. Light spotting during pregnancy is normal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In early pregnancy I bled after s ex and at times it lasted up to 48 hours.. It happened 2 maybe 3 times.. (i didn't know at the time i was pregnant) I'm now 25 weeks pregnant..

EDIT TO ADD:
    Cramping was also high after s ex..

Though now at 25 weeks cramping is still bad afterwards, just no more bleeding

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had this happen too at various stages I'm now 24 weeks and baby is fine!
    My ob said that if there was spotting/bleeding after s.ex to abstain for 2 weeks and try again
    Cramping can also be quite normal with all the extra blood flowing etc

Try not to worry but if you are like me that is impossible if you call the dr and explain you have bleeding they should see you and request an emergency scan at a local clinic.
    Most clinics have the ability to squeeze in emergency appointments on the day- I ended up having 2 one at 6 weeks and another at 7 weeks. I hope you can do the same and get a little peace of mind

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Any bleeding during pregnancy, especially the first half, is considered a threatened abortion/miscarriage. Don't be alarmed. Bleeding is actually now considered quite common. As is cramping. I have had 3 pregnancies, 2 successful, 1 ended in miscarriage. I bleed in every pregnancy, big clots even. a little bit of blood is quite normal after DTD. Your cervix is more tender and you have more blood flowing through your body. think of your cervix (not to be confused with your uterus) as a balloon filled with water, the Fuller it is, the easier it is to spring a leak.

For piece of mind, I would suggest going to hospital instead of a gp if you have more than just spotting