+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Which formula????

Hi everyone I have a 17 week old DD and I'm sick of getting mixed opinions from everyone (I understand I'll get that here too) but im just after some help/advice.
    So anyway back to it.... she's formula fed Karicare Aptamil Gold Plus after being breastfed for 3 months (it didn't agree with her and after being totally stressed out I switched to formula). This is the only formula I have tried and she is generally a very happy smiley baby. we've had a few bouts of severe colic (screaming episodes) but other then that shes pretty good. My biggest concern is wind especially at night. I do bicycle legs warm bath massage infants friend which help but do not get rid of the restlessness or knee tucking of a night? Ay suggestions - should I change formula - have read great review about the Aldi one. Thank you
    I should say she drinks 150mls every 3.5 - 4hrs and wakes once of a night

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No issues here with NAN HA gold. Every bub is different though so it's a bit trial and error.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We went through NAN HA (made DS unsettled) and Aptamil HA (so easily digested he was always hungry!) before we started DS on Aptamil Gold+. We found that the Aptamil Gold+ was the best for his tummy and we stuck to that until he hit 12 months. He was a bit gassy for the first four months and we gave him Infacol in his nighttime bottles - that seemed to do the trick.

I have heard very good things about Bellamys Organic, though. I've a couple of friends who swear by it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I tried Karricare aptimal gold but it gave DD horrible wind and she looked like she was in agony!

I switched to Bellamys Organic and the change was amazing. I have my super happy, satisfied baby back

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had major issues with our dd when we introduced formula. We are using the Novalac ones now because they have formulas for everything depending on what is the issue. For us it constipstion so we are using that one and it's been amazing!

Have you tried the karicare feed thickener? You just add a scoop to the formula. We tried that with one of the formulas that caused wind and it worked really well. It was $16 from the chemist.

Hope you get it sorted out soon! It's awful to see our little ones upset!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bellamy's for sure!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep i highly recommend Bellamys Organic!!

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    The one my DD reacted to least was heinz nurture, just the plain (non-gold) one. All others caused her to have bad wind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I second Heinz nurture. Dd had terrible wind from everything else we tried, even just the few top ups she has a day. If you do try it, be sure to stir rather than shake, it gets really bubbly if shaken!

sent from my magical device