+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by futuremamma View Post
    Hi Freyamum. I am in Melbourne. Congrats on your successful vbac. Why do you say "allowed?" Were there complications last time? I am sure you will find plenty of independent midwives willing to support you either at home or in the hospital. If you're more comfortable with a hospital birth then just make sure you decide what you are willing/not willing to agree to. Refuse monitoring if you don't want it.
    There were no real complications during my vbac, but bubs heart rate started to drop so it all got a bit rushed in the end. I wouldn't be comfortable anywhere but in hospital tbh and their policy is constant monitoring. I spoke to a midwife a while back and she just said it'll be down to the midwife on duty as to whether they insist on be being hooked up to monitor the whole time - I'm not sure that I am confident enough that I don't need monitor to refuse. I guess I just thought/hoped that once I'd had a vbac I wouldn't be considered high risk anymore.
    On a side note I found this vbac success calculator - no idea how accurate it is but based on my history/age/weight/height estimates 94% chance of success :-) Given me a bit of a boost of confidence so I'm going against my normal habit of continuing to research / check credentials etc and believe that this vbac will most likely happen, but smoother this time :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my succesful vbac yesterday.
    I had my bloody show then 40 minutes later my waters broke in the shower.
    Everything was amazing. The midwives did a great job and were so supportive. 6 hour labor but felt like so much longer.
    I felt so relieved to have had the natural birth I wanted and with no pain relief at all. I hope whoever tries a vbac gets it. It is absolutely amazing.

Sent from my C1504 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to fluffykitty For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (27-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffykitty View Post
    Everything was amazing. The midwives did a great job and were so supportive. 6 hour labor but felt like so much longer.
    I felt so relieved to have had the natural birth I wanted and with no pain relief at all. I hope whoever tries a vbac gets it. It is absolutely amazing.

Congratulations!!!!! What a huge achievement! I also got my successful vbac 1st Feb! Feb 2014 has been a great month Enjoy the vbac high and your squishy new bub xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffykitty View Post

Congratulations!!!!! What a huge achievement! I also got my successful vbac 1st Feb! Feb 2014 has been a great month Enjoy the vbac high and your squishy new bub xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Nicole 49 - how crazy but I am in Emerald Qld also and hoping for a successful VBAC! I was about to post a topic and then found this thread.

Long story short I had to have a C section with my DS who is 4 next month as he was breech. I was contemplating going to Rocky for the birth of this bub as we have Private Health but have decided to have it here and try for a VBAC (which as you'd know the Emerald Hosi have only allowed as of around 5 mths ago). So I super excited and hopeful that I can try this time around.

Having said that I've read some horror cesear stories but mine was really very good. Being planned probably helped as he was breech so it was scheduled. But I was breastfeeding shortly after with no issues, and apart from pain the day after I really felt pretty good by day 3 or 4 with minimal panadol. By a week and half later I felt terrific and bounced back pretty quickly compared to some I've read about. So if I have to have another I won't be completely shattered, but truly I hope I get to experience my Vbac. Fingers Xd for you aswell hun

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi to prospective VBACers. I had a caesarean with my first bub (footling breech with cord prolapse) and then two wonderful vaginal births. I would choose a vaginal birth any day.
    I have also been a birth worker for 26 years and have supported many women trying for a VBA1C. Over the last 2 years, I have had four clients trying for a VBA2C of which 3 were successful. Two were homebirths and two were hospital births (the last one was a beautiful hospital water birth). A woman trying for a VBAC after 1 caesarean is at no more risk of uterine rupture than a woman having her first baby.
    My suggestions for a successful VBAC is to keep yourself healthy, find out what the c-section rates are locally, discuss your wishes with your care provider BEFORE labour, have a good support network, hire a Doula and above all trust that your body and your baby know what to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tassy doula View Post
    Hi to prospective VBACers. I had a caesarean with my first bub (footling breech with cord prolapse) and then two wonderful vaginal births. I would choose a vaginal birth any day.
    I have also been a birth worker for 26 years and have supported many women trying for a VBA1C. Over the last 2 years, I have had four clients trying for a VBA2C of which 3 were successful. Two were homebirths and two were hospital births (the last one was a beautiful hospital water birth). A woman trying for a VBAC after 1 caesarean is at no more risk of uterine rupture than a woman having her first baby.
    My suggestions for a successful VBAC is to keep yourself healthy, find out what the c-section rates are locally, discuss your wishes with your care provider BEFORE labour, have a good support network, hire a Doula and above all trust that your body and your baby know what to do.
    Got any advice for someone looking to have her 2nd vbac? My first was touch and go - was 5cm at hospital but they put me on synto and slowed things right down but pain rocketed, not sure when bub went posterior but didn't turn until stopped synto and had epidural. I wonder if I could have gotten to 5cm but not really have been in active labour? My contractions weren't that painful or regular but midwife said progressing too slowly. This time hoping labour starts spontaneously and plan to stay home as long as possible - good plan?? Oh and doing all I can to turn posterior bub but so far not working and 36 weeks now so panicking a bit this will cause issues

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a vbac 13 years ago just when they started to encourage women to give it a go. I knew nothing about it and back then we had no pc to easily google info or get advice from forums, so I went into it pretty blind! My first baby was emergency c-sect at 37 weeks as he was breech. My 2nd pregnancy went fine and I was asked if I wanted to give vbac a go, and I agreed and basically that was that so long as baby wasn't breech. I went into spontaneous labour at 37 weeks, the pain was all in my back and I couldn't handle it so after what seemed like forever I got my wish for an epidural...and I'm glad I did
    Recovery was soo much better and I was very glad I made the choice and had a vbac.
    I went on to have another 3 more natural births

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a super awesome VBAC 5 months ago! my first pregnancy was textbook perfect but my daughter failed to descend and was also posterior so after going into labour naturall, fully dilating & lots of trying we ended up with a c-section.
    Second pregnancy was also textbook and my obstetrician had 100% faith in my ability to birth naturally, and I did! After a quick 5 hour labour(which was so quick I couldn't even get any pain relief) I pushed out a 8 pound 4 baby boy. And it hurt a lot and the pushing was INTENSE, but my sense of achievement and my beautiful boy were worth it!
    My c-section experience was very positive so I wasn't stressed about ending up with a second one - but I believed in my bodies ability to birth my baby and went in with an open mind. You can only do what you can do. But I really feel like every mumma deserves the chance to try if she wants to.
    I should also note that I changed doctors at 20 weeks as my first OB told me I had no chance of having a natural birth

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nicole - Was just wondering, did you get the VBAC you were hoping for in May?