+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh! And I'm about to do it all again in April

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope i get my vbac! Keep the stories coming!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love reading these stories

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Eco Goddess View Post
    I'm happy to share mine...

I had an emergency c-section with DS after 24hours labour - he was posterior and had an erratic heart rate and I developed a fever. I was shattered as I had hoped for a drug free water birth.
    When I fell pregnant with DD I was clear I wanted to try for a vbac. I got placed in a VBAC clinic at our hospital and as part f that we had some group sessions where the pros/cons etc were discussed and we also had the opportunity to discuss our previous experience and sort out the emotional stuff! My pregnancy with DD was pretty uneventful until the last few weeks when my blood pressure started to rise and everything started to swell (worse than it was!!)
    At 38 weeks I had an appointment with my midwife and had some bloods tests etc done. That evening while cooking dinner I got a phone call from her telling me to bring my bags for an overnight observation stay, more tests and possibly a bubba.
    We got to the hospital around 7:30pm and they did some more tests and determined I had preeclampsia and at 11:30pm I was given some medication to induce labour. DF was told to go home and have a few hours sleep and come back at 6am. No sooner had he left and I started vomiting (from the meds) and then started getting massive contractions and was given some painkillers
    I struggled to sleep on and off until DF came back and at 7am my waters were broken. That's when it got serious. Within about 30seconds I was having back to back contractions and was in agony. I struggled on for awhile (noisily! - I think I was telling DF...I just want to die! I can't do this!) then begged for an epidural (so much for drug free!) which certainly calmed things down. In no time at all I was pushing which took about 1/2 hr and then all of a sudden at 11:19am, absolute relief...our gorgeous girl was here and I had bought her into the world!
    I was so proud that I was able to do it, especially since I was induced. It was really hard but the fact that I could go home the next morning and was up walking an hour or so after the birth was awesome!
    Wow your 1st birth story I could have written word for word! 24 hour Labour, posterior bub in distress and me with a strange fever. I then went on to develop a rare case of postpartum preeclampsia 4 days after my c section and both me and my bub were in intensive care.

That was 3.5 years ago now and I am trying for a vbac in june

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Eco Goddess is offline Loving life under the Bodhi tree!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow! All the best for your vbac!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first birth ended in an ecs after I was induced at 10 days past my due date. Dd1 was posterior and definitely not ready. Despite this I dilated to 9cm in 13 hours and seemed all set to push but she was apparently in distress (more like ob was distressed he wasn't home as it was 9pm) so ecs it was. Two years and a whole lot of preparation later I went into spontaneous labour at home, hung out with my family all day while having mild, regular contractions. Contractions picked up in the evening and four hours later while in the pool surrounded by two incredible midwives and my awesome husband, to my complete amazement, I was ready to start pushing my baby out. An hour later my beautiful second daughter was born on our living room floor.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to futuremamma For This Useful Post:

BlackDiamond  (09-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by futuremamma View Post
    My first birth ended in an ecs after I was induced at 10 days past my due date. Dd1 was posterior and definitely not ready. Despite this I dilated to 9cm in 13 hours and seemed all set to push but she was apparently in distress (more like ob was distressed he wasn't home as it was 9pm) so ecs it was. Two years and a whole lot of preparation later I went into spontaneous labour at home, hung out with my family all day while having mild, regular contractions. Contractions picked up in the evening and four hours later while in the pool surrounded by two incredible midwives and my awesome husband, to my complete amazement, I was ready to start pushing my baby out. An hour later my beautiful second daughter was born on our living room floor.
    Just curious as to where you live as I am only allowed to vbac in hospital (not our local) and must be hooked up to a monitor. This is even with the fact that my last birth was a successful vbac! I live in Sydney.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyamum View Post
    Just curious as to where you live as I am only allowed to vbac in hospital (not our local) and must be hooked up to a monitor. This is even with the fact that my last birth was a successful vbac! I live in Sydney.
    No-one can make you do anything. If you don't want to go to hospital they can't force you. And you can refuse constant monitoring - you might **** the staff off but it's your choice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyamum View Post
    Hi Freyamum. I am in Melbourne. Congrats on your successful vbac. Why do you say "allowed?" Were there complications last time? I am sure you will find plenty of independent midwives willing to support you either at home or in the hospital. If you're more comfortable with a hospital birth then just make sure you decide what you are willing/not willing to agree to. Refuse monitoring if you don't want it.