+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Eco Goddess View Post
    I'm happy to share mine...

I had an emergency c-section with DS after 24hours labour - he was posterior and had an erratic heart rate and I developed a fever. I was shattered as I had hoped for a drug free water birth.
    When I fell pregnant with DD I was clear I wanted to try for a vbac. I got placed in a VBAC clinic at our hospital and as part f that we had some group sessions where the pros/cons etc were discussed and we also had the opportunity to discuss our previous experience and sort out the emotional stuff! My pregnancy with DD was pretty uneventful until the last few weeks when my blood pressure started to rise and everything started to swell (worse than it was!!)
    At 38 weeks I had an appointment with my midwife and had some bloods tests etc done. That evening while cooking dinner I got a phone call from her telling me to bring my bags for an overnight observation stay, more tests and possibly a bubba.
    We got to the hospital around 7:30pm and they did some more tests and determined I had preeclampsia and at 11:30pm I was given some medication to induce labour. DF was told to go home and have a few hours sleep and come back at 6am. No sooner had he left and I started vomiting (from the meds) and then started getting massive contractions and was given some painkillers
    I struggled to sleep on and off until DF came back and at 7am my waters were broken. That's when it got serious. Within about 30seconds I was having back to back contractions and was in agony. I struggled on for awhile (noisily! - I think I was telling DF...I just want to die! I can't do this!) then begged for an epidural (so much for drug free!) which certainly calmed things down. In no time at all I was pushing which took about 1/2 hr and then all of a sudden at 11:19am, absolute relief...our gorgeous girl was here and I had bought her into the world!
    I was so proud that I was able to do it, especially since I was induced. It was really hard but the fact that I could go home the next morning and was up walking an hour or so after the birth was awesome!

Thanks for sharing. I hope to have a relatively intervention free birth. But what ever is safest for bub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey'sMummy View Post
    Subbing....

???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nicole49 View Post
    ???
    Not sure what you're asking??

I'm just subscribing to the thread so I can read people's stories too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey'sMummy View Post
    Not sure what you're asking??

I'm just subscribing to the thread so I can read people's stories too

Sorry I didn't know what that meant. I'm new on here and the terminology used. Still learning things like ds and dd etc.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to nicole49 For This Useful Post:

Monkey'sMummy  (16-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a VBAC with my second bub born five months ago. DS was born my emergency c section three years previously and there was no medical reason i couldn't try for a VBAC this time. I went through a birth centre as wanted a low intervention, drug free birth. They were very supportive of my choices and the only stipulation was I had to birth in delivery suite not birth centre when time came so i could be monitored but my continuity midwife would be with me.

I went very over due with DS and this pregnancy was the same. When you go ten days over here you have to go see an Ob regardless of if you have midwife led care or not. They tried to talk me into a repeat c section but i said no as scan revealed bub was absolutely fine and so was I. My midwife had prepared me for the pressure so i politely said no thank you i am happy to wait. I had had three stretch and sweeps and the last one at 10 days over due at this Ob appointment worked. I went into labour next day.

My labour was very quick and by time I got to hospital i was ready to push. My midwife and student midwife accompanied me, having been to examine me at home already, and all was going well but the pain was very intense. I didn't have any pain relief at all though. When i was pushing her heart rate dropped however and ended up staying low so they had to try a suction cup, which kept coming off, then forceps. The forceps caused third degree tearing and had to go for surgery an hour after she was born to repair the damage. Under spinal block. I felt my pushing had been ineffective and this is why i needed forceps but was told i didn't really have time to get into it, it takes practice first time and had only been going fifteen mins. I didn't get that massive urge to push you hear about, felt i was tensing against the pain despite all my hypnobirthing practice!

Despite the tearing and surgery i recovered much quicker than my c section and would do another VBAC next time, no doubt. I was just unlucky her heart rate dropped and i was unable to have time to push her out fully myself.

I had antibiotics and a blood transfusion during my three night hospital stay.

A week later I felt back to normal.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

debsch  (05-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was two days overdue and we were getting a little anxious because earlier that morning I had to book in for a ceasarean in case of 10 days overdue. That evening my husband gave me a very relaxing massage and a couple of hours later, I went into labour!
    I stayed at home as long as I could. Because I experienced labour before I knew what contractions felt like and I didn't panic or feel that it was too painful. I breathed in and out very well. Long breaths and mostly bent over leaning on something.

By the time I got to hospital I was already 9cm dilated (only 4 hours since contractions started). I was surprised really.

When I went into birth suite I was a little confused as to when I should start pushing. I didn't want to start pushing too early (because that's what I did on my first delivery and it ended up in emergency Caesar). When midwives confirmed I was fully dilated, I felt comfortable to push but it was all much harder than I thought. I don't think I was pushing hard and long enough. I was mostly so tired and out of breath. Tip, save you energy for the last bit.

The OG didn't want to give me more time after pushing for an hour. She started prepping me for theater Caesar again. I really wanted to avoid that. My husband extended my time for a further 15 minutes. On the way to theater I was still adamant I didn't want Caesar. They wanted to put in the spinal just in case of emerency proedures were necessary. At that stage baby was in birth canal over an hour.they assured my that forceps might still be an option. So I said yes to spinal (what a life saver!).

It eventuated in a forcep delivery after vacuum didn't work. Poor baby had bruises all over. But he was happy to be out. All in all I still thought it was a successful delivery.

Episiotomy not too bad. I've healed well now 6 months in and no pain during sex!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD1 was the perfect labour, but at about the 10 hour mark something was 'up' we went to hospital only to find I was starting to transition and she had a cord prolapse. Off for emergency c/s under a General anaesthetic we went, I met her about 2 hours later. 16 months later and 5 days over due waters burst in the middle of the night . Off to hospital we go, labour ok to 6cm after 7 hours, then everything stalls for 3 hours !! contraction fade, become irregular and all but stop. After 3 cannula attempts and a hand full of saline, syntocin is hooked up at a super low dose as I freaked about using it in a VBAC. Slowly they turned it up and DD2 gets stuck due to compound presentation (arm above head) I can't have ventouse or forceps as her arm is in the way. 2. hours of pushing and I tear, she arrives absolutely perfect in every way - All with just gas!