+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Vbac stories

Attempting a VBAC in May.
    I <3 reading others stories. Would you share ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Id like to hear some too! Im attempting one in March

Sent from my GT-N7000 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If you ladies are on fb, I suggest joining the vbac support group. Heaps of great stories in there as well as information and support. I'm attempting a vbac next month and it has been so helpful in my preparation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BentzMumma View Post
    If you ladies are on fb, I suggest joining the vbac support group. Heaps of great stories in there as well as information and support. I'm attempting a vbac next month and it has been so helpful in my preparation.
    Are you able to share a link by any chance? Or is it just called vbac support?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to fluffykitty For This Useful Post:

mummabear13  (26-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffykitty View Post
    Are you able to share a link by any chance? Or is it just called vbac support?

I can't share or copy the link on my phone but it's called VBAC Australia support group. If you can't find it let me know and I will pull out the laptop

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pretty sure i just found it. Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm already on that group. I want to read more though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Have requested to join group

Im attaempting a VBAC in May also

Eco Goddess is offline Loving life under the Bodhi tree!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm happy to share mine...

I had an emergency c-section with DS after 24hours labour - he was posterior and had an erratic heart rate and I developed a fever. I was shattered as I had hoped for a drug free water birth.
    When I fell pregnant with DD I was clear I wanted to try for a vbac. I got placed in a VBAC clinic at our hospital and as part f that we had some group sessions where the pros/cons etc were discussed and we also had the opportunity to discuss our previous experience and sort out the emotional stuff! My pregnancy with DD was pretty uneventful until the last few weeks when my blood pressure started to rise and everything started to swell (worse than it was!!)
    At 38 weeks I had an appointment with my midwife and had some bloods tests etc done. That evening while cooking dinner I got a phone call from her telling me to bring my bags for an overnight observation stay, more tests and possibly a bubba.
    We got to the hospital around 7:30pm and they did some more tests and determined I had preeclampsia and at 11:30pm I was given some medication to induce labour. DF was told to go home and have a few hours sleep and come back at 6am. No sooner had he left and I started vomiting (from the meds) and then started getting massive contractions and was given some painkillers
    I struggled to sleep on and off until DF came back and at 7am my waters were broken. That's when it got serious. Within about 30seconds I was having back to back contractions and was in agony. I struggled on for awhile (noisily! - I think I was telling DF...I just want to die! I can't do this!) then begged for an epidural (so much for drug free!) which certainly calmed things down. In no time at all I was pushing which took about 1/2 hr and then all of a sudden at 11:19am, absolute relief...our gorgeous girl was here and I had bought her into the world!
    I was so proud that I was able to do it, especially since I was induced. It was really hard but the fact that I could go home the next morning and was up walking an hour or so after the birth was awesome!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eco Goddess For This Useful Post:

debsch  (05-02-2014),nicole49  (16-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    Have requested to join group

Im attaempting a VBAC in May also

Exciting stuff. I have a supportive tram and travelling from central qld to the sunny coast to birth where I had my son. (originally from there)