+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pcos help!!

Hi ladies,

I'm hoping someone here can shed some light as we are currently ttc as I am a traditional surrogate. As a previous egg donor I know that I have borderline poly cystic ovaries but have never been formally diagnosed with the syndrome especially since I have been on the pill or doing egg donor cycles for the past 6 years and haven't had what one would call a normal cycle. (Amh was 16.9 in feb and 27.7 in August)

I came off the pill mid November had a withdrawal bleed the 27th that finished dec 3, started using opks and got faint positives day 17, solid positive day 18 so ovulation should have been day 19. AF showed up day 38 on jan 3. Today on a whim I decided to do another opk and picked up a faint positive meaning if it follows the same pattern as last time I should ovulate day 11? This seems super early for me, particularly with my previous donor experience and knowing that even jacked up on drugs egg pick up is not usually till day 15 or later.

The parents I am to be a surrogate for are keen to move to assisted methods to speed up the process, guess I am wondering what options I have?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    From what I've been told it takes more than just having polycystic ovaries to be diagnosed with PCOS. I was told I have polycystic ovaries, but because my cycle has always been like clockwork and I ovulate without assistance every month, I don't qualify for the "syndrome" diagnosis.

I'm not sure if it was anything to do with the PCO, but I found opk's rather unreliable when we were ttc - I got a much more accurate picture of my cycle when I was temping - are you doing this as well??

When we did our IVF cycle (male factor) my FS started me off on a low dose of gonal f to prevent over-stimulation. This was the only potential complication of having polycystic ovaries which I was told about.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi inklestar, yes you can have pco and not pcos. I have pcos and have 2 lines on an OPK virtually my whole cycle but they are only equal strength for about 12 hrs usually around day 19. I agree with Arlais you may need to temp etc too and keep up frequent OPK's say twice a day till a definite positive
    Also remember it's only a true positive if the test line is darker than the control. If you have 2 lines but the test line is feinter it's still a negative! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I have pcos and opks are generally unreliable for pcos suffered. Some poeple they work for, others it doesn't.