+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Singapore, Hong Kong or KL with 2 toddlers?

We are taking the first steps in planning a family holiday for later in the year and are trying to decide where to go. Our two kids will be almost 2yrs and almost 3yrs old.

I've been to Singapore (14yrs ago! eek,time flies!) and think it would be good for a family trip but DH isn't so keen on it. He suggested either Hong Kong or Kuala Lumpor which I know nothing about. Does anyone know what attractions there are in these cities for toddlers? Which would you choose? Is there anywhere else you would recommend?

DH's other suggestion is for a month long road trip all over WA which I'm not so keen on. I need some ways to sell an overseas trip to him!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hands down Singapore!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm thinking of going here. http://www.experienceclubmed.com.au/...erating-beach/

You can go there by Singapore or KL, looks great for kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are headed to Singapore with our 2.5 yr old - it will be our first holiday with him.

Both DP & I have been before and it's one of our favourite places. I hope our son loves it as much!

We plan on visiting the zoo, sentosa island and the botanical gardens....as well as Orchard Rd ( buts that's probably more for me).

A month long trip around WA sounds somewhat draining to me...

Best wishes :-)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I would say Singapore

its clean, safe, loads to do and very family friendly.

Hong Kong and KL both are great places to go, but the cleanliness/ability to travel with prams etc/things to do with young children are more limiting

Singapore
    - awesome shops
    - zoo
    - night zoo
    - universal studios
    - water park / butterfly park and beach stuff at Sentosa which is great for young ones

and lots of other stuff for littlies

It is more expensive than HK or KL though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our DD just turned 3 and we have taken her to Hong Kong twice the most recent being last July. The year before in may we went to KL and Penang.

We love Hong Kong and have been many times so may be biased! There is so much to do and see and it has a real vibrancy... Markets, temples, the peak on the tram and down hill on the top of the double decker bus, goldfish street lol and last time we went to Disneyland for two days which she still talks about. We stay at the Langham in mong gok on the club floor so theres free food all day and cocktails and drinks for us in the evening, we also have a kitchenette whichis really handy. This hotel is very child friendly.

We all enjoyed KL but it was harder to get around ... We went up the petronus towers and also went to the aquarium... We were only there for 3 days as we spent the bulk of the time in penang which was gorgeous. In penang we hired a car and driver everyday for half a day (quite cheap) and went to places... Gardens where there are monkeys, butterfly farm different parts of the island. In the afternoon we generally swam.

DH and i have been to singapore a few times before DD was born and there is lots to do there as well as previous posters have mentioned but we did tend to get bored of singapore after about 3 days maybe wold be different with DD?

Just remember with KL and Singapore it is stinking hot all year round with high humidity which does limit what you can comfortably do everyday with young ones. In HK there are times of the year when its not so hot.

Unfortunately our DD was a nightmare on the plane to HK and back so we have decided that for our own sanity as well as fellow passengers we may have to limit our destinations to under 4 hours flight until shes a bit better on the longer trips which is so depressing!! Fiji here we come!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We went to both KL and Singapore with a 1 and 2 yo last year and we are going back to KL again this year. I have also been to Hong Kong twice but without kids.

I think you could have a great holiday at any of them, but if money is not an issue (accom is expensive and activities can add up but same thing can be said of HK), then Singapore is definitely my top pick. So easy to get around and just so many great family options of things to do. You could spend ages and not run out of things. Also some great options over the causeway in JB. Our then two year old just LOVED Little Big Club.

KL was also great, just a little bit tougher with little ones because of footpath availability and things like that, but we also had a fabulous time there.

You might find these links helpful:
    http://www.wheressharon.com/country/malaysia/
    http://www.wheressharon.com/country/singapore/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Cas79 - just a quick question about Singapore as we are heading over in June with a 2 yr old - what did you do about travelling in taxi's - do you need car seats for the kids?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope don't need a car seat. We just had our 2yo on our lap and the 1yo in the ergo

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cas79 For This Useful Post:

wobbleyhorse  (22-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks!