+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week

Default Need a little help with a uni thing

I'm doing an oral presentation for uni and I was hoping to get a little help with it. My chosen topic is about being a parent in a modern day society. The way you can help is by telling me what you think are the pros of being a parent today, the cons and what you think are the differences between being a parent now and what it was lile for your parents when you were litte. Get your partners involved t8o so I can get the male aspect in as well.

TIA!

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Pros:
    - wider network of support for parents so you don't feel so isolated, especially as a new parent (eg internet sites like bub hub, Facebook parenting groups, mothers groups run by child health)
    -so much information now available online on different parenting issues

Cons:
    -access to so much information online etc can also be overwhelming and stressful, especially as a first time parent when you are doubting yourself often anyway without reading conflicting pieces of advice
    -so much pressure put on parents these days to be superman/woman and be able to do it all (work, house keeping, parent and do a million wonderful activities with your kids etc)

Different to when I was a child as there was no Facebook, smart phones, all day kids tv channels, and the internet. My mum didn't have these as distractions or as support and useful information. Definitely a simpler time.

There were no SIDS guidelines so things like cot bumpers, baby sleeping on belly etc was the done thing. Car seats and prams weren't as high tech or safety orientated. I think this may have been less stressful as there weren't so many things to consider when making purchases or looking after your children.

Cloth nappies were your only option (and no fancy MCNs-just terry towelling flats and nappy pins). Not so many convenience items for parents to make life easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Is this the kind of thing you are after?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Thank you. They're a lot of the things I was thinking of myself so getting more perspectives on them is great.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app