+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Hair dye help. I keep needing to re dye

Please someone help me.
    I habe dyed my hair blonde and I didnt like it. That was anoit 4 full heads of foils done over months. Then I box dyed my hair red but that faded within 2 weeks

I went to hairhouse warehouse and they gave me perminant hair dye. Iput in a few days ago and just washed my hair as normal today and its already faded on the lighter parts so looks horrible!

So I want to put anothrr box dye in. Will my hair fall out?? I have been doing hait treatments heaps since starting all this so my hair doesnt feel too bad..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Use a semi permanent colour not a permanent as your hair cuticle has been opened up to release colour. A semi will do less damage and actually holds better then a permanent colour. I would also get a good quality mask for your hair and do it about once a week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd go to the hairdresser and get them to fix it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lovelymum For This Useful Post:

Mummy Potato  (13-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    If it's red you're using, red fades really quickly anyway. For those sorts of unnatural colours to stay in, you need to hardly wash your hair... but they will fade every time you wash your hair.

I'd go to the hairdresser, tell them what you want to achieve and get them to do it for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For red you might need a specific shampoo/conditioner for red hair, my sister dyes her hair red and uses the john Frieda shampoo and her colour holds pretty well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You need red shampoo which I'm surprised they didn't tell you at Hairhouse Warehouse considering they sell it.
    I have bright blood red hair and I use De Lorenzo Nova Fusion red shampoo from HW which really helps to keep the colour longer with minimal fade. Also, only wash your hair when you have to. I wash twice a week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for replying. Im suprised they didnt suggest that shampoo. I didnt expext it to fade after ome wash.

Im going to put colour on one more time and get that shampoo amd if it still goes horrible im just going to have to let it grow out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I beg to differ on the reds, everyone has different hair.

I put a box bright red through my mouse brown hair and 9 months later I had to have it professionally stripped as cover ups still showed the red through but I had a line of regrowth visible even with new colours.

Even after stripping you can still see red undertones!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Kim, I've currently got much the same issue as u atm I normally have really dark brown hair & about the last 6 months of last year I had coloured it blonde for a change. Trying to get my hair back to darker colour has been hard.

Whenever I colour my hair, it gets lighter & lighter as I wash it & yes, I've been using a brunette shampoo.

The advice I've been given is to put a semi permanent colour through (something about it should hold the colour much better) and do a back to back colour for best results. My hair had become fairly dry so I've been putting treatments through too which had helped hugely

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is a great new product by revlon (I think) and it's a hair stain rather than box colour. It's great for in between colour, plus it won't ruin your bathroom. I hAve an all white bathroom and I used the dark brown. I got it all over my shower and it just rinsed off.

I'm sure your hairdresser would have it.