+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Emmiejayne, You might be interested in an Australian site called 'Egg Donor Angels', www.eggdonorangels.com.au.

I'm sure that any fertility clinic would put you on their books and would contact you should someone be looking for an egg donor. They do facilitate it but egg donors are hard to find in Australia.

All the best.
    Last edited by Ginger Cat; 05-09-2015 at 17:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi Emmie, I replied to your PM but here's a bit more info

http://mums.bodyandsoul.com.au/pregn...gg+donor,14255

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,
    I am totally new to this site, I dont even know how to post up a comment yet but I have been following this thread as we are about to make a decision on where to go for donor eggs adn my head is in bits!!! I think we have decided on Hawaii Conceptions for most of the reasons taht you all selected them. We were trying for IVI in Chile as my husband is Chilean but they were really slow to respond, could not guarentee a donor and were just generally quite difficult to get things moving. In comparison, Adrian at Conceptions has been amazing!! So responsive, so informative and has a great data base of donors for fresh eggs. Anyway, we have selected our donor, and got all the paper work but the one thing that is concerning me is that they seem to have the right to cancel the cycle but we get nothing back if that happens. Is that right?? We are having to take out a loan for this treatment as we already used up all savings on 3 IVF founds here. I read in another thread that someones donor had their cycle cancelled due to non-response - what happened in that instance?? We need to pay our deposit in the next day or two so i am really nervous about putting the money down and having the cycle potentially cancelled with no money back!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Onemoreshot,
    There's a thread called egg donation in the US that you might want to head over to coz most of the members (incl myself) went to conceptions and there's loads of info there. Not to mention all the members are super helpful.

I do not recall the details of the contract but it is scary the amount of $$$ that we fork out. Maybe some of the more recent girls can help you out on that thread.

Exciting time ahead for you!!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MustRemainPositive For This Useful Post:

Onemoreshot  (29-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OK thanks so much!! I will try find the thread. I am a bit lost with all this but have found this page so helpful. Yes I definitely feel like Conceptions is the best choice (we have spent a long time looking at all the options - SA, Spain, Asia and South America) but Conceptions, although the most expensive, seems like the best option. I am just surprised that there does not seem to be any come back if the donors cycle is cancelled - even the clinic in Chile offers a free cycle if the donors cycle is cancelled.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    @Chiefsgirl might be able to help too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I've had issues with the app.

To be honest I don't remember that clause in our contract. But to be honest it wouldn't have deterred us. There are always so many risks in ivf. We dipped into the mortgage as well so we're risking a lot. There were those going to SA at the time, only getting a few embies and nothing was taking, so effectively the same outcome as if the cycle was cancelled.

There is always the chance it might get cancelled, it must have happened at some stage for the clause to be in there. Only you can decide if the risk is worth it.

We chose someone who had donated before and had children of their own so we thought the risk of it being unsuccessful would be lowered.

Good luck with your decision.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

emski72  (29-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Experience w USA and Australian donor website

Hi All, we are trying since 4 years now and - almost 2 years IVF and the last 6 months we imported frozen eggs from the US - 3 eggs out of 6 had been fertilised but none of them made it - I am not sure if it was my body - sometimes I think maybe too much medication - however the doc didn't have an appointment w us after each transfer to talk about it and many other things I would not do like that anymore ... Therefore my advise don't go w frozen eggs at all - We wete told afterwards that the chances are not worth it - thanks for letting us know after we spent all the money!!!! Regarding the Australian sites, out of our experience very dodgy - egg donors are supposed to give their eggs as a gift, but asking to be involved as a family member and for paid holidays e.g. Cruises etc.
    That was the reason why we decided to go w frozen eggs as we paid officially w no other commitments to the person. At the moment we are running out of time but considering to go to the US or CR for fresh egg transfer but were told to check the life birth rate of the clinic and never only buy 6 eggs instead all or them. Btw I started about over 1 year ago w yoga and that def helped me mentally. Hope that helps - best of luck to everybody!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by luna1 View Post
    Hi All, we are trying since 4 years now and - almost 2 years IVF and the last 6 months we imported frozen eggs from the US - 3 eggs out of 6 had been fertilised but none of them made it - I am not sure if it was my body - sometimes I think maybe too much medication - however the doc didn't have an appointment w us after each transfer to talk about it and many other things I would not do like that anymore ... Therefore my advise don't go w frozen eggs at all - We wete told afterwards that the chances are not worth it - thanks for letting us know after we spent all the money!!!! Regarding the Australian sites, out of our experience very dodgy - egg donors are supposed to give their eggs as a gift, but asking to be involved as a family member and for paid holidays e.g. Cruises etc.
    That was the reason why we decided to go w frozen eggs as we paid officially w no other commitments to the person. At the moment we are running out of time but considering to go to the US or CR for fresh egg transfer but were told to check the life birth rate of the clinic and never only buy 6 eggs instead all or them. Btw I started about over 1 year ago w yoga and that def helped me mentally. Hope that helps - best of luck to everybody!
    Luna sounds like you've had a rough go of it... I think it it preferable to go with a fresh transfer over frozen eggs. Ive heard good things about Czech republic and my experience in South Africa has been very good.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

luna1  (30-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    -emski72 - thank you so much much for your msg - yes very crappy start and very expensive as well 😳 I have heard about czech republic but I am not sure if you pay only for 6 eggs or if you get the all of them as you would with conception Hawaii - very good communication but very pricy too ... Not sure at the moment which way to go ...