I am back in Australia and thrilled to say I received a BFP on Wednesday! The beta was 704 (10 day post 5 day transfer) so it could be a strong singleton or twins. I guess only a scan in the next weeks will tell. Second beta today was 1500 so now I can start to believe I am actually pregnant, and can be happy about it. My fingers are crossed my numbers continue to go up and this one is a keeper!
@Tiger41, we also were very indecisive when selecting a donor, and after the ones we enquired about were not available, we decided to take a step back and reconsider our options. We lost access to the database then. We told the agency the characteristics of the donor we were looking for, and asked to be notified if someone became listed who suited. We also looked into other clinics in the US, and had a phone consultation with one is San Diego. They operated differently to Hawaii, doing PGD on all donor cycles on the fifth day, and transferring on the sixth day. They said their pregnancy rates were over 80% with a 40% chance of twins when two embryos were transferred. Their costs were more than Hawaii, over $50K I think.
Anyway after about six weeks Adrian contacted me with a new donor who might suit us, who had just been listed. We liked her, locked her in and committed to the cycle. We wanted a Hawaiian based donor as it seemed to work better with availability, scheduling, and they were cheaper (no travel costs). They seem to have more local girls added to the database more frequently as well.
@Chiefsgirl, regarding swimming I consulted my own doctor and googled the internet a lot about the topic. Everyone seemed to have a differing opinion. So I decided to wait five days after transfer to ensure that implantation had taken place (if it was going to), avoided the beautiful resort swimming pools, and took a daily quick dip in the ocean. I figured infection was far less likely in salt water.
@emski72, when are you off to SA? It must be so soon now!