+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Tiger41 our FS recommended it. After our first lot of donor prices and availability we decided to just use donors from Hawaii to lower the costs. As they are allowed to be paid for their donation they can stipulate what that payment is. Also it Wd depend on what their job is to what their out of pocket expenses are.

Our first preferred donor wasn't available, but was a lawyer from Chicago, so her payment was higher, her out of pockets were higher and the remote monitoring costs were higher as well.

In the end we chose a mother from Hawaii and she was available!

I guess it helped that we didn't have set dates when we wanted to go do were able to work in with the clinic.

Also in terms of success guarantees, be careful of the small print! If you have immune issues you may not be covered. Also I think they might have age and miscarriage limits to qualify as well. We looked into San Diego fertility centre, but it was even more money than Hawaii, further to travel and Disneyland has no appeal so there really wasn't any attractions locally! It's not like I cd just duck across the border to Mexico as well, that is not somewhere I'd like to go in my tww!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Tiger41  (16-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chiefsgirl I totally agree what could be better than being on a beautiful island, might be the last time you & DH have some time to yourselves yeah that's the thing I found hard the added travel costs - it's great you found someone from Hawaii. Hope you're hanging in there, I know you're keen be there already

Emski sorry to hear that AF is confusing the issue. any improvement on the situation?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

how is everyone?

Chiefsgirl I think I lost access to the database today, basically got asked if I had made a decision yet & I said wasn't ready but would be in touch soon. All the potentials I had liked had to travel so I went back to look for someone more local and no longer had access. I've only been on there a few wks.

anyway I've been looking at 2 other clinics in LA.

feeling confused about which way to go. Obviously too indecisive.

Emski is is everything on track for you? How did you make your decision on where to go originally?

Jackbenimble thinking of of you towards the end of TWW.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Oh yes @jackbenimble ! How are you doing? Tiger we chose cape town for many reasons the main ones being a caucasian donors, english speaking country, the cost is about 14 to 15 thousand dollars for everything included, good food, good wine, low cost of living while you're there as opposed to Europe and also world class medical facilities... We fell in love with Cape Town as most seem to do and have no qualms in going back.
    Feeling 100% now thankfully and all on track to leave next week. X

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (20-05-2015),MGC Bertie  (21-05-2015),Tiger41  (21-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Tiger, I concur with Emski, Cape Town is affordable, we fell in love with the place, shopping, food/restaurants all wonderful. Keep it in mind as well.

Glad you are feeling better Em.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

Tiger41  (21-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski v excited for you!! Both you & KLM are making Capetown sound attractive & it is more affordable. Which takes some pressure off.

I will look into it. I guess we were planning this trip to Hawaii & California prior to ED journey.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiger41 For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (21-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I didn't find Europe expensive at all for d/e nor for staying either, I managed to have my cycle for about $10-12,000 all up, including flights, meds and accommodation so it very competitive, and a couple of extra $1000 for an amazing holiday, the first time I went to Greece and wet to a couple of the islands and the second time did Prague and England

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    That price I gave was for the holiday too ...flights, accomm, meds here, meds post treatment and most of our spending while there. At the end of the day - you'll go with where excites you I guess, being comfortable is the most important thing and happy with your care x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I dreamt of going to Greece for the food while there and the islands!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that is strange @Tiger41, maybe they restrict access if they feel you aren't committed. Either way you have to feel comfortable. Maybe just email Adrian saying you are having a hard time finding a donor that suits?

Yes, we were seriously thinking about SA. The lower success rate and the fact sometimes you don't get any enmbies to freeze is what swayed us to Hawaii. The extra $$ is not a bonus, especially with the terrible exchange rates!

Yes @jackbenimble I was just thinking of you this morning and wondering if you have tested yet? Did you end up going swimming? Or take Drs orders and not?