+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    Do you take prednisolone chiefs? If so how much and when? I have to take 10 MG's daily but can't remember if that's 2× 5mg at brekky or one in the morning one at night...
    Yep but I'll be on 20mgs upping to 25mg on transfer. Last time I was a wired munching machine and put on so much weight! I wd do them both in the morning so you have a chance of getting sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @jackbenimble yay for having so many still going strong!

Do you have trouble sleeping with taking the prednisolone late at night?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning ladies

how are you?

did anyone read the article about Sonia Kruger having her baby with DE at 49? I thought it was really honest and inspiring.

ive only done ivf long down regulated cycles in the past so I'm not sure what's involved with prep for transfer. How long typically do you take meds like predisnolone prior? Do you have to use synarel? I had NK levels checked and came back borderline but have since found out I do have autoimmune prob but haven't used predisnolone yet. Only clexane. It seems like predisnolone really improves chances from what I've seen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi Tiger

Yes I was following Sonja's journey as she got pregnant a bit after me. I'm really glad when women talk about their experiences of using DE.

I'm doing a basic immune protocol again. Here my basic treatment plan - bear in mind I can't take the birth control pill as I have a clotting disorder so have to work with my natural cycle initially.

April 30 Cd1 - start synarel 2 sprays x 2 x daily to suppress ovaries and down regulate.

May 13th start estrogen (estrace/progynova)
    Start daily clexane (most people wouldn't start this yet)
    Start doxycycoline antibiotic
    Start prednisolone 10mg daily

29 may lining scan - stop antibiotics - start gestone PIO injections ( stop synarel here)
    3 June transfer
    Continue all meds until BT...if pregnant continue all until 10 weeks.
    Last edited by emski72; 11-05-2015 at 10:43.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (13-05-2015),MGC Bertie  (11-05-2015),Tiger41  (11-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Chiefsgirl, I don't seem to be affected by taking the prednisolone at night. I have just had my dosage upped to 20mg per night and so far it hasn't had an effect on my sleeping.

A quick update from me, on Saturday I had two blasts transferred and am now sweating out the two week wait. Five of the other embryos made it to blast and have been frozen. This is a huge relief as this is our last shot at adding to our family, I was hoping to have some frosties in case this cycle doesn't work for me.

To take my mind off the 2WW, we are off to Maui tomorrow for six days. However the nurse told me no swimming until a pregnancy is confirmed (or not). Has anyone else been told this? I know about caffeine, alcohol, hot tubs etc but swimming in the ocean is a no no as well. She did say I could go in up until my knees.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jackbenimble For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (12-05-2015),KLM0511  (12-05-2015),MGC Bertie  (12-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Congrats on being pupo @jackbenimble! I think it is to avoid infection - I was always told no baths in the tww... Bummer when you're in Hawaii though.
    The tww on a donor cycle is hard but you have a lot of blasts! Great going xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats Jackbenimble. Hope you enjoy the the 2 week wait. Sux about no swimming, but so long as you keep busy sightseeing and shopping etc with some relaxing it should go pretty fast.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on being pupo @jackbenimble! My FS has always said no pools but the beach was ok.

But we are spending so much money on these cycles, what's a week or two without swimming?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Jackbenimble hope your 2WW is fun & fast!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Starting meds today...oddly started bleeding last night, SA doctor is not concerned thankfully and said it should stop once I start estrogen (which I did today) very glad I got my hormones checked on Mon though so I definitely know I'm down regulated.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (13-05-2015)