+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Emski

thanks - you made me laugh, glad to hear you were enjoying yourself apart from being ill. i noticed on the other thread you had to do clexane and predisnone is that due to auto immune issues?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger41 View Post
    Hi Emski

thanks - you made me laugh, glad to hear you were enjoying yourself apart from being ill. i noticed on the other thread you had to do clexane and predisnone is that due to auto immune issues?
    Yes I have factor v lieden so take clexane for that and mildly high nk cells so take prednisolone to suppress my immune system slightly. I also take doxycycoline antibiotics 2 weeks before transfer for any urinary infections, not that I've ever had one but to cover all bases.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Tiger41  (07-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Tiger41 on a computer you go to user panel and the signature function is there. I use the app but don't know how to do one on that!

The clinic in Hawaii will put you on antibiotics, both for you and your dh, they want me on a pregnancy pre natal with 800mg folic acid and daily aspirin. I'll also be taking other mess for my immune issues.

If you do go with the clinic in Hawaii you might want to look into tranzfers.com it's an oz forex site and I got 2c better foreign exchange rate than the banks and only $15 fee to use them. It's a bit of a faff to set up, but saved us lots of $$

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Tiger41  (07-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sure I'll find out from the clinic, but do you take your meds in aus time or the time of the overseas clinic?

Was thinking Aus time, but that Wd have me doing meds at midnight when I'm there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I just did Au time - I think I just increased time in between by a couple of hours to string it out a but. Interested to hear what your clinic says.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Do you take prednisolone chiefs? If so how much and when? I have to take 10 MG's daily but can't remember if that's 2× 5mg at brekky or one in the morning one at night...

Thanks
    Reviews
    @emski72, I received my three day report today and I have 14 embies at 6-8 cells. I seemed to have gained an extra embryo since my day one report so the remaining mature egg must have fertilised (late) as well. This never happened with my own eggs. So we are tracking towards a five transfer on Saturday. Have no idea how many will make to blast stage. I am just hoping there will be some good quality ones and maybe some left to freeze as well, but beggars can't be choosers.

Regarding Prednisolone, I am taking 10mg daily (2 X 5mg) and my clinic advised me to take them together in the evening. Regarding the time zone difference, there is a 20 hour time difference between Australia and Hawaii so really that is only 4 hours in real terms, so I just took the meds within that four hour time difference and then continued every 24 hours from then on.
    @Tiger41, have you selected a donor yet? It is a very difficult decision I found, and surprisingly the more information I had the more difficult it became.
    Last edited by jackbenimble; 08-05-2015 at 19:31. Reason: spelling error

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jackbenimble For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (10-05-2015),MGC Bertie  (10-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Great result @jackbenimble - you have a few to spare too!
    Thanks for the info on the prednisolone I think I'll take them together at lunch I find it keeps me awake a night. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jackbenimble that is fantastic, 5! Do they recommend a 1 or 2 for transfer?

Its must be hard choosing, I've gone in and narrowed down to a small group of potentials to make it less overwhelming for DH. it all feels surreal at this point.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jackbenimble let us know how you're going

chifsgirl thanks for info on foreign exchange!
    Emski how long do you take meds before actual transfer? How many was before you're off to Cape Town?