+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good to hear everything is ticking along Chiefsgirl, you're getting there! I bought my donor jewellery from Tiffany. I figured that was a little bit special and relatively universal so she would hopefully appreciate it and feel that we in turn had appreciated her generosity, but also it is fairly classic and would hopefully transcend personal style.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (27-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh - I also thought that if I had a girl I would buy her the same item so she would have the same piece as her donor and I would have the same item too, something little to tie us three together ... but I've had a boy, so that goes out the window :-)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (27-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I did an opal pendant nothing over the top just simple... I think if you don't make it outlandish it would be fine. Congrats on getting all the paperwork done - what is your timeframe for being over there?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (27-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies.
    @emski72 we are planning on being there in July. I have given dates from 6 July onwards.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    It happens quickly doesn't it? I hope your feeling a lot more confident in this cycle than an OE one - remember it more likely to go right than wrong ...I found that so liberating after my own ivf cycles x

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are considering gifts and also wondering what to buy, and also when to give them. I am thinking after the transfer? Not sure what is typical.

Also wondering if anyone wrote their donor a letter?

We are leaving Friday for Hawaii so very close now. Our donor had a very early scan (day 3 of stims) and looks to have 11 follicles, but very early days. Her next scan is tomorrow so hoping those follicles are still growing.

Ladies, has anyone experienced having lining too thick for transfer? I am not sure if this is possible but my scan indicated lining of 9.6mm and I still had nearly two weeks to transfer! I have heard that 10-12mm lining is optimal, but am slightly worried what happens if you go above optimal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was thinking of giving it to the coordinator at my first scan so she can give it to the donor on epu day. I'd imagine the donor wdn't go back in after that.

I haven't heard anything about lining being too thick though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @jackbenimble you must be there by now, how exciting! Good luck for your donor epu, fx you get lots of eggs!

AFM, I have my dates and will be heading for transfer at the end of July!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (02-05-2015),MGC Bertie  (04-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    So exciting once you have your dates and start actually booking everything isn't it Chiefs? @jackbenimble hope all is going well for you over there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Chiefsgirl and @emski72 for your well wishes. I flew out of rainy wet Sydney to step off the plane in Hawaii to beautiful sunny skies and temperatures in the mid to late twenties. This certainly boosted my spirits and eased by nerves (somewhat).

My cycle seems to be going well, but obviously still a ways to go. Egg collection was yesterday. My donor had 20 follicles at collection which yielded 17 eggs. I received the fertilisation report today and 14 eggs were mature, and 13 fertilised. So now the wait begins to see how they develop. Grow little ones!

Chiefsgirl, we went snorkelling at Hanauma Bay and it was amazing with lots of tropical fish and there are lots of hiking maps for nice trails not far away. It is a sunken volcano crater. July is not far away so you must be getting excited! The clinic are very friendly and the doctor told me that for a while they were running at 100% success rate for the Australian recipients. It was so unusual they decided to do a study on it are have presented a paper on it. It has since returned to about 80%.

The clinic has suggested taking Clexane but it is optional for me to take it (the doctor hasn't included it on the schedule). I am reluctant to take it because of the possible side effects. I don't think I have clotting issues and all my miscarriages were due to chromosome abnormalities. Therefore they were ''explained''. Also the clinic recommends total bed rest for one day and minimal activity (not leaving the apartment) for a further two days. This is new to me as in Australia I was encouraged not to rest and just continue on as usual. I am an active person so this will be difficult to stick to, especially with a beautiful beach outside my door!

Thanks again for thinking of me!