+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Chiefsgirl, I am also have blue eyes and blonde hair, and DH has brown hair and brown eyes, and we are using the same agency and donor list as you so one of your candidates was on my list as well. I really did like the 26 year old who produced 36 eggs (!). She looks warm friendly and happy and I think that counts a lot. We ended up going with an unproven donor on the list. We are hoping it will work out well for us. I will pm you with some more information that might help you.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jackbenimble For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (21-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just popping in to say I think I'm glad I didn't need to choose my donor as it would have driven me around the bend as well, It was quite a load off knowing that someone else could look and choose based on their professional opinion not on my emotional one in saying that I sometimes wonder what it would have been like to see photos. I've just come across a clinic in Russia which has child photos of their donors, and that's what got me wondering which one of them I'd choose if I was just starting out ! See what I'm like even now lol

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (21-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (21-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Oh and @Chiefsgirl - I'd definitely go with a proven donor given the amount you're spending, not to mention the effort! Why risk a cycle on an unknown?
    My donor hadn't donated before but had her own 6 month old baby so I considered that proven in that her eggs were viable. I don't think I would have risked it with someone who hadn't had their own pregnancy or a heartbeat at scan from a donor cycle. Maximize your chances!

Em x

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (21-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (21-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jackbenimble View Post
    @Chiefsgirl, I am also have blue eyes and blonde hair, and DH has brown hair and brown eyes, and we are using the same agency and donor list as you so one of your candidates was on my list as well. I really did like the 26 year old who produced 36 eggs (!). She looks warm friendly and happy and I think that counts a lot. We ended up going with an unproven donor on the list. We are hoping it will work out well for us. I will pm you with some more information that might help you.
    That wd be great, I tried to pm you the other day but couldn't I think you hadn't done enough posts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, I had a great talk to the dh last night and we went with the proven donor. When I double checked her fam history they were all blue eyed, just a green and brown in her dads side which brought out the hazel in her. So a very slim hope I can turn on the blue eyed gene😜

I am happy with our decision. Just want to complete all the paperwork now so we can start booking flights and accom! I tell you, I might not think of Hawaii as a great holiday destination normally, but gosh it's gotta be better than sydney at the moment!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (22-04-2015),MGC Bertie  (22-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Chiefsgirl great news! I just pm'd you but I am not sure it went through. Please let me know if you got it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jackbenimble For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (23-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yay chiefsgirl! She sounds awesome and it would be great to get heaps of frosties, talk about value for money :-)

Good luck!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (22-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jackbenimble View Post
    @Chiefsgirl great news! I just pm'd you but I am not sure it went through. Please let me know if you got it.
    Yep got it and replied.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (23-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, it's all becoming real now. We have signed the contracts and I'm in the middle of transferring the money over. As soon as it's cleared their end I'll have my schedule.

I got more information on the donor and am really pleased we have gone with her. I read that you should chose a donor based on if you would be friends with her and I think I would be.

I have a question though. What gift did you give the donor? I'm from NZ and was thinking of giving her a carved greenstone pendant that has a meaning of friendship. But then wondered how she wd be able to explain that to friends and family. So thought maybe I shd give her something that wasn't too kiwi or Aussie centric?