+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I better introduce myself properly. I've been on the ivf over 40 thread for a long time and now that I'm moving onto my second donor I thought I'd finally come on over. I know a lot of you ready, but hi to everyone else !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow @emski72 that is good to know and yes, very reassuring, thanks! Do you then get a chance to choose still? Do they give you a certain number of frozen eggs? I know from experience that the defrost rate is way lower on eggs than embryos and the resulting quality is lesser too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    yes they give you a list of donor profiles from the egg bank if it comes to that and you choose from that donor pool - don't quote me but I think it's about 6 eggs or so that you're offered, I'm really not sure you might get all the excess that's in the bank from that donor? I know of one lady who had to use it (she was in SA at the same time as me) as her chosen donor stuffed up her trigger shot so she was offered the use of the egg bank, she ended a with a day 3 transfer instead of day 5 because they were looking a bit ordinary which she was devastated about but I had lunch with her and her son a couple of weeks ago, so there you go. The World Egg bank program imports frozen eggs to Aus too - success rates are not as high, but at least it gives you a back up should something go wrong with your chosen donors cycle after travelling all that way. Frozen egg donors seem more popular in the US.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (15-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was reading the sa donor thread too and got to number 5 or 6. There was a lady whose donor eggs were crap and the thawed two lots from the frozen eggs of one donor. The second lot ended up being ok. A very stressful time for her I'm sure.

If you're thinking of going to sa its def worth reading back a few threads as they all shared info about where to stay, eat and game parks to go see. I'm still bummed we aren't going there, I loved Cape Town!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (15-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well we have completed the forms and sent them off along with our top 8 donors! We had to choose that many so they could see who was available and what the cost for each will be (it depends on how far they have to travel).

It's all getting real now!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (16-04-2015),KLM0511  (16-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Great news chiefsgirl - it has such a positive feeling to it doesn't it? What made you choose Hawaii?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (16-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woot woot @Chiefsgirl how exciting !!! I'll only be 3 weeks behind you

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (16-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @emski72 it was a combination of things, cost was not one of them!

Our FS recommended this clinic. He has been there and seen their set up. They have been to his.
    They have an 80% success rate
    They stim harder so you get more eggs/embies
    You see adult pics
    My FS has sent 100 couples over there and they have all gotten pregnant.
    My FS will work with them and send everything over. Will do bt's and ultrasounds and prescribe and provide drugs.
    My dh said it sounded like the two clinics work well together so it wd be less stressful for me- my work is getting really busy as we are moving office and I am in charge of that as well as being office admin and ea to md- so busy role just got extra busy!
    We have put our life on hold for the last three years and dh wants us to be enjoying life with our child and says we'll find the money he just wants me to finally be happy.

On the downside is the cost factor. With accom, flights etc it'll be about $40k. But after reading multiple pages on sa thread it seems most go there more than once before they get their BFP. Some I know have gone 4 times. So it wd work out the same, if not cheaper to go to US. I see that not many that go to SA get many frosties, and we wd really like a sibling, and preferably from the same donor.

Another downer is that Hawaii has no interest for a holiday, but I have found an apartment out of Waikiki which is right on the beach which is really reasonable. There seem to be a few hikes to waterfalls and stuff we can do too. The beach where the apartment is situated is good for snorkeling so we can find fun things to do😄
    @leshoja I'm hoping your fet is going to work and you won't need plan D!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (17-04-2015),JulieMalooley  (17-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Sounds like its right for you which is great! Exciting stuff x

16. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (16-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Chiefsgirl I really hope it is successful for you! You deserve it.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (16-04-2015)