+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Snazbubble - I haven't heard of anyone using the World Egg Bank so don't know the results. Surely someone has had success with them though - it would be nigh impossible for your FS to be aware of the outcome of all uses of the WEB in Aus wouldn't it? Odds are its worked for someone! Having said that, I really looked into WEB and decided to use a Greek clinic instead because I thought it was more cost effective and had a better chance of success. I didn't like that via WEB you only got 7 eggs even if the donor produced more in the cycle you pay for and eggs don't freeze as well as embryo's so you were never going to get many embryos for what could be a $30k+ outlay. And there could be up to a years delay (this is what was going on when I was assessing my options anyway) ... Is an international clinic something you would consider? You can be receiving a transfer as quick as 8 weeks for a cost of around $10-20k depending on where you go and how long you stay...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozby View Post
    Hey Emski - thanks for thinking of me. Congrats again on little Edie. She's gorgeous. Hope she is being a good little girl for you. xx

Bertie - How are you? What happened with your last cycle?

Afm - last cycle was a bust again my lining only reached 6mm again. I used the same meds as last time which got me to 8mm and transfer, but for some reason this time they didn't work. Boo. Anyways, due for AF on thurs so will try again with another different protocol. Aggghhhhh.
    Lozby - sorry to hear about your last cycle, lining is always a challenge for me too - I've now discovered that 16 progynova a day gets me to 11mm ... It's a monster dose (4 tabs x 4 times a day) but the only thing that works (despite the research that says anything over 8/day doesn't get absorbed ... 8/day only gets me to about 4mm after 8-10 days ... Weird. Whatever works I reckon! Good luck for your next cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lozby... thanks for thinking of me, but my last cycle with the last of my sister's donated eggs didn't work. We got a big Hcg number of 5!! I never got any Hcg with any of my own eggs, so when her third egg got Hcg of 3 and the last got Hcg of 5.... ok, not really worth writing about, but for us it was a slight something!!

Now we are doing an IUI, just for the sake of it (with donor sperm) while we organise going to SA for young donor eggs. I sent off the form three days ago, but haven't heard back from them yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heavens you've been through the ringer Bertie, it's time for your luck to change me thinks! Really hoping Iui does the trick for you and if not, then SA has to be the charm hey

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (04-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vixjc.... thanks, I'm now PUPO, as of this morning, as I've had the IUI with donor sperm. I know the chances are quite low with IUI, but it was more for peace of mind, to know that I've tried all the different options before we go to SA. They kept me lying there for 15 minutes afterwards, to give chance for the sperm to swim when it needs to go - wondering if that's a proven thing to help or just an old wive's tale :-)

I've heard back from SA, and the doctor is happy with my medical questionairre and says I don't need any of the special tests. So we'll wait two weeks and see how this goes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. Long time no post. Happy new year!
    Bertie- congrats again on your bfp. When is your US?
    Emski- how's little edie? Can't believe you are already planning another trip!
    Vixjc- congrats on your little one. Enjoy!
    Afm- went back and had transfer right before Xmas, arriving home on chrissie day. My lining cooperated after taking antibiotics and aspirin along with the progynova. Lining was 7.5mm on day 14 scan which is awesome for me. Anyways, We thawed 2 embies and both survived so we transferred the 2, they were good looking blasts. The 2ww has sucked but I just did a poas this morning (9dp5dt) and it seems to be a BFP! Nice clear line!! Yaaaay!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lozby For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (01-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Lozby! Congratulations - so happy for you! You've had one of the harder journeys that I've encountered on here with red tape and an uncooperative body but you've always persisted with optimism. I never doubted you'd get there in the end. We have a thread for those preggo through ivf/donor eggs it's for the over 40's but we welcome anyone. Hope to see you over there
    Em x

10. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Lozby  (01-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lozby.... wow, that's great news on the HPT being positive. What a great start to the new year! When is your official BT? I have another BT tomorrow (Fri) and then go for my first US on 13 Jan.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Lozby  (01-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Bertie and emski. Going to gp tomorrow for BT. Have been going thru my gp for everything so far, she has been so understanding and helpful, even more so than my FS('s). Probably wont the results until Monday though as they are closed on the weekend. Will just have to keep poas-ing I think!!
    Quick question, how many BT's do you usually go for and when? I'm only new to this BFP game and have no idea!! Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozby View Post
    Thanks Bertie and emski. Going to gp tomorrow for BT. Have been going thru my gp for everything so far, she has been so understanding and helpful, even more so than my FS('s). Probably wont the results until Monday though as they are closed on the weekend. Will just have to keep poas-ing I think!!
    Quick question, how many BT's do you usually go for and when? I'm only new to this BFP game and have no idea!! Thanks!
    Hi Lozby - I had initial bt at around 14 do or equivalent , then another 48 hours later and third 7 days after that. Viability /dating scan at 7 weeks (it's often too early to see a heartbeat before that. So exciting! X

15. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Lozby  (01-01-2015)