+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luna1 View Post
    Hi MrsErinR, Thank you for your msg and the advice ... I have tried to enter the www.eggdonationaustralia.com.au site but unfortunately I have not been approved yet ... it's almost a week. I have tried also to contact the lady over FB and kindly ask them to approve me, but nothing yet ... as you can tell patience is not my middle name ... but I just feel like every day that I am not doing anything about my / our situation is a waste ... we had a look on the internet yesterday re South Africa and Spain. Again, thanks! congratulations and best wishes
    Hi @luna1, have you thought about ringing around clinics and going on some of their waiting lists? I've been matched up with a donor through my clinic, their usual turnaround time is about 12 months from going on the list to being matched up with a donor.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

luna1  (21-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    Hi @luna1, have you thought about ringing around clinics and going on some of their waiting lists? I've been matched up with a donor through my clinic, their usual turnaround time is about 12 months from going on the list to being matched up with a donor.
    Unfortunately, in my experience, most clinics don't have a waiting list, they expect you to find a donor yourself.
    luna1 I suggest trying on FB again. I had the same problem but was approved quickly when I contacted the mod through the FB group and let her know. I joined the FB group then posted for the mods the contact me as I had a question. She did, so I explained the situation and she approved me no probs.
    Last edited by feliciab; 20-09-2014 at 09:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Feliciab... yes, my clinic, IVFA, doesn't have an egg donor list. They do sometimes get an egg donor offer, but my FS kind of indicated to me that it wouldn't be worth waiting for that to happen, and to find my own.

Lots of women have luck finding an egg donor through EDA so I would definitely pursue that, but definitely also have a look at the other egg donor threads here on Bubhub for people going overseas, e.g. there's one for South Africa, another for Czech Republic, plus one or two others that are worth reading along.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi leyshoja, Thank you so much for your msg- I actually have not because I thought this is illegal in Australia? I thought clinics cannot 'match you up' with a donor ...my understanding was that you have to find a donor that offers you a donation as a 'gift'?!?! Again, thanks, I will ask my FS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by luna1 View Post
    Hi leyshoja, Thank you so much for your msg- I actually have not because I thought this is illegal in Australia? I thought clinics cannot 'match you up' with a donor ...my understanding was that you have to find a donor that offers you a donation as a 'gift'?!?! Again, thanks, I will ask my FS.

Its still considered a gift I suppose because the donor neither receives any money, nor should be out of pocket for any expenses. The part that would be illegal is if they receive any sort of monetary compensation for their trouble. Good luck with your search

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just popping in to wish all of you lovely ladies lots of luck and best wishes!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sophie... thanks for your wishes. Just read your signature - what a wonderful person you are, becoming a surrogate for the second time. Wish you and the IPs all the very best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    How is everyone going?

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski.... as you know, I'm just 2dp5dt with the last of my sister's DEs. I keep hoping that this time I'll get a twinge or a sign, and even though I know it's still too early, I would have liked some sign!!

But you don't have too long to go at all. I think about you all the time, our journies, and how you're just about there. I'm so excited for you. I imagine you must have the baby's room all ready etc. Do keep in touch xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey emski
    Long time no chat. I still check in on these forums every night, am addicted. I follow everyone's journey from SA to Czech to Greece. Gives me hope I guess, and feel less alone in the whole ED thing. So hi everyone!!

AFM- well after our bfn in July we were going to go again but the clinics in Thailand all closed down due to the whole surrogacy thing. Ours has re-opened now so we are due back next week (if my lining cooperates). First scan is tomorrow, fingers crossed hey.

I read back through this thread and found advice @petalsgalore gave so have been drinking raspberry leaf tea and pomegranate juice and hot water bottling every night. I really hope it helps my lining issues. How are you petals??

I have also seen a new FS who is much more helpful than the last. He did another endo scratch which I get the results on tomorrow and if my nk cells are high again I will hopefully be going on an immune protocol.

Not long for you now, right emski? A month or so? I remember when you were about to head to SA, time flies huh.
    How about everyone else? @MGCBertie how's it all going?