+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    AMFM....I've read that doxy works quite well to treat Mycoplasma, so that sounds right to me, but I don't think it "fixes" it, but rather needs to be taken while TTC. Best just to ask your FS what the plan is.

AFM.... Well it looks like we are going to go ahead with the FET. Thyroid results came in with TSH at 0.26, which is below the lower range, but my endocrinologist said he's happy with this, and said I'm fine to go ahead with the FET. My FS said he's happy, that the endocrinologist is happy. He's also not particularly worried about my cold/cough, so long as I don't have a fever.

I also asked about the results of the NKC biopsy that he did a couple of weeks ago - two out of the three things came back normal, with CD 56+ "marginally high". When I asked exactly what that meant, he said he'd give me a copy the next time! He said the protocol for elevated CD 56+ is Clexane, which I've already been taking in my last couple of cycles. I asked about taking the antibiotic Augmentin, and he said that there's not too much research for that, and he wouldn't like to prescribe something for nothing.

Will have BT and internal US tomorrow (Wed) which will probably mean FET will be next Monday. Booked in for IVIG (a big $2250!!) for this Saturday, so hopefully everything will fall into place. It's just this cold/cough that I would have liked to have done without, but hopefully by Monday I'll be much more enthusiastic about it all. I feel kind of weird, as normally I'm all IVF stressed, but this time, I'm feeling a little down about it all. I think the possibility of using my sister's three embryos and still having no luck is really weighing down heavily. But still glad to be getting a move on things.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

AMFM  (11-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best of luck McBertie!!! It's ok to feel a but dismal.
    sometimes sort of feeling flat or defeated is when it works!
    Also it's good to have a cold! With immune protocol you will
    Be more susceptible to catching them, but it didn't affect me! I believe it was a positive thing as it kept any nk cells fighting off the cold virus and not my embryo.
    The only time I got 2 colds- one before transfer and one during tww and got a positive.
    everything crossed for you for next week

4. The Following User Says Thank You to petalsgalore For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (09-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Good luck Bertie with this cycle.
    Em xx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (09-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanx very much MGC Bertie , all the best dear hope it all goes well

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AMFM For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (11-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for their good wishes for my FET this morning. They ended up thawing one of my morulas (in the freezer I had one early blast and two morulas). When I asked why did they use the morula and not the early blast, they said it was because the morula needed last night to grow a bit more, and if it wouldn't have worked then they could have pulled the blast out first thing in the morning, as apparently the blast would have only need 1-2 hours to thaw. Once explained, the science behind it sounded good, and it all turned out great. The morula thawed and grew nicely over night, and the FS said it was an "excellent" blastocyst, so it's now on board. I know that not all frozen embryos do survive the thaw, but again I think this success had to do with my sister's perfect eggies to start with. Preg BT not until Mon 28/7, but AF likely to show up a good 4 days before that, if it's not to be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    @Lozby how are you love?

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi emski
    Sorry I've been off the radar, lots happening. Thanks for thinking of me. Well we went back to Bangkok and had transfer nearly 2 weeks ago. We had high hopes as it was my first ever transfer, it was all very exciting after such a struggle to get my lining perfect. But I had my BT yesterday and BFN Boo.
    So we have decided to see another FS here to get another opinion on protocols etc as my current one has not been very helpful. Also I have been diagnosed with high nk cells and think that has a lot to do with my bfn. I was on clexane, but thinking need something more like prednisolone or intrapillids or something. So we will just wait it out a month or so until we see the new FS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Sorry to hear it was negative especially after all you went through to get to transfer. Yes, definitely prednisolone or dexamethasone if you have NK cells, ask about doryx antibiotics too, clexane etc.
    Will keep an eye out for you.
    Em x

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lozby... so very sorry to hear about your BFN. I think we really put all our hopes into donor eggs, thinking that will get us over the line, so when that still doesn't work, I think it's harder to imagine that it will ever work. But now that you know that you have some immune issues you can definitely tackle that for next time, as for some women, this does the trick. Good luck xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lozby,
    sorry to hear. That's so disappointing.
    I think you are nearly there. You have your lining right.
    Yes you should be on an immune protocol. This involves the steroids
    (dexamethasone or prednisolone)..I'm amazed your FS only has you on the clexane?? It is the steroids that repress your immune system. It is this that is needed to keep the high NK cells at bay. The clexane is different, it stops the blood from clotting around the embryo when forming.
    Also is part of the protocol is to have intralipids (just mixture of soya, egg) to infuse before and after transfer. Although I have seen girls get pregnant with just being on the steroids and clexane.

I have nk cells tested over 3 years ago and it came back as not high. But my FS continues to have me on these meds as it does no harm. I should have re tested my levels but what for? I was on all the immune regime already and FS didn't believe I needed to take any higher does of steroids.

If you find a FS to get you onto this protocol and your lining is perfect and your embies are great, there is every chance that the next cycle will be your positive. I wholehearted believe in this protocol, have recommended it to someone going through surrogacy and they got their BFP.
    Pomegranate juice, raspberry tea leaf in your break