+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Brooke, both my DH and I are not Caucasian, it seems very difficult to find a donor of our ethnicity here, so that is why we're considering going overseas to find a donor if we need to go down that path.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

Brooke082010  (06-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. Good to know

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Brooke.... there's a great website EggDonationAustralia that does have lots of people either donating eggs in Australia or looking for egg donors in Australia. If our present cycle (with my sister donating her eggs) doesn't work, then I plan to go overseas, to SA like Emski did, and my reasons are similar to her. I also am a very emotional person, and cry at the drop of a hat, and really don't think I have enough emotional power to make "friends" with a donor in Australia, and do all the discussions necessary to get to that point. It's such a wonderful thing you're thinking of doing - thank you so much xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Brooke082010  (06-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Such a shame Australia doesn't make it as easy as some of the other countries do. I'll check out that site, thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Brooke,

I'm similar to Bertie in I'm also sensitive. I don't know how I would go with keeping in touch with an egg donor under their terms. Many do request for ongoing photos of when the donor conceived child grows up. I respect that as I respect the huge decision in donating eggs altruistically. Through just their heart. For us however from years and years of ivf cycles and repeated failed donor cycles, we just want to get on with our lives. I'm sure some other ladies can relate.
    My opinion is woman should be more than compensated for their donation - however as we know it is illegal in Australia.
    For every donor advertised it is like viewed over 250 times - that's a lot of IP's searching for an egg donor. At my ripe old age having wasted years on my own eggs, I didn't want to be waiting 6months or more without knowing when someone would chose us. Hence going oseas was a good option in regards we could chose from many donors, we could negotiate with a 'known' donor as that is what we wanted, we know by paying them for their ultimate gift that the money will contribute to a better way of living for them and their families.
    But more comforting was the fact we could organise a donor cycle, locked in and to transfer within 6-8 weeks.. and yes with a holiday!..The cost of a donor cycle in Australia is equal to a donor cycle oseas with the donor fee, flights and accommodation which you organise. So it's a holiday in one.
    That's a hell of a relief just knowing you have hope. Knowing its around the corner, that their is hope in sight! I don't know about other women but I need short-term plans and need to know. I've seen woman on egg donation forums some still on it a year later waiting for someone to chose them.
    Of course on the other hand some are chosen quite quickly.
    And also other people go oseas as they want an anonymous donor at arms length.
    It's licorish all sorts
    Last edited by petalsgalore; 07-05-2014 at 12:13.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to petalsgalore For This Useful Post:

AMFM  (07-05-2014),emski72  (07-05-2014),MGC Bertie  (07-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeh I would like to be an anonymous donor. To be honest I don't want to be apart of the child's life or have updates on them. To me, I have given someone the opportunity they obviously deserve and want and the child that stems from that is not mine. It has half my genetics but I did not carry the child - I have just given somebody a cell from my body like giving blood. I don't want to grow a connection to the child because of the fear of regretting my decision in donating. So I am all for anonymous and I can see why receivers wants the anon option.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Brooke082010 For This Useful Post:

AMFM  (07-05-2014),emski72  (07-05-2014),MGC Bertie  (07-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We'll said Petalsagore I feel the same, although it have never been through an ivf cycle but I know that i won't be able to handle the emotion and therefore we are planning of going to zlin for our DE cycle early next year.

Brooke, what you and other woman do is an extra ordinary act of kindness, before coming to the terms that I need an egg donor, I didn't even know that such organisations exists and that there would be ever a woman wanting to donate their eggs. If our DE cycle and embryo transfer results in pregnancy, we will donate the remaining embryos

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AMFM For This Useful Post:

Brooke082010  (08-05-2014),MGC Bertie  (08-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    AMFM.... I think that's also wonderful that you will donate any unused embryos. Just think how that would help some people in such dire need, those who've got right to the end of trying with their own eggs/sperm. AFM.... my sister's EPU went really well this morning. She got 10 eggs, and later in the day found out that 9 of them were mature, which we're over-the-moon about. They looked at my DH's sperm sample, but as always, nothing there, so used the anonymous donor sperm that we'd chosen. Now just have to wait until the morning to find out how many fertilise. I so hope the DS is good and does what it needs to, especially since my sister did such a good job producing nice little eggies :-)) I guess out of our hands now.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

AMFM  (10-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Brooke with being an egg donor in Australia you now have to put your name on a central register so it's not annomymous. Good luck with any decisions.

AMFM- great news! So kind of her. Excellent fertilisation rate. You should get some great embryos! Fingers crossed for success for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick update..... fertilisation overnight was 8 out of the 9 mature eggs!!! We are all so over-the-moon about such great numbers. We've never had numbers like this with my eggs, in fact we didn't get much more than that over 8 full stim cycles! I'm feeling rather excited about it all now. Of course a little worried that my body is going to let it all down, and so hope that the intrallipids and other meds for NKCs work their magic this time. Anyhow, there's nothing more I can do, so just have to wait it out. We'll find out on Mon (day 3) what the embryos are doing, and then look for transfer on Wed (day 5). Thanks everyone for thinking about me and all your good wishes.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

AMFM  (10-05-2014)