+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anxiety Support Groups?????

Hello

I am currently 12 weeks pregnant with my first baby and am sufferng badly from anxiety and slight depression. Im not sure where to start and was wondering if any other mothers out there hav experienced this, or if anyone knows of where I can join a support group to help deal and cope with what I'm going through???

I'll even be happy to meet up and chat with other expecting mums who are going through the same thing??

I live in the Cockburn area and am looking for something locally...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Dina,

Congratulations on your pregnancy . There are definitely lots of other mums who experience this pre and post bub, so you're definitely not alone in feeling like this. Good on you for reaching out for help, as that's the most difficult part.

With regards to services, I know of a couple of groups that are run in Perth but they are nowhere close to you. Are you linked in with an ob or midwife who you could talk to about local services? KEMH or that Raphael Centre at SJOG also have lots of info regarding services in the local area, and were a great resources for me when I had PND. Although I didn't have much contact with them, I'm sure PANDA would also have info.