+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    You should have called. Ikea deliver to Newcastle so they probably could have sent the parts up on their next delivery.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I did call. I was told no shipping/delivery to my area. Also looked on their website my postcode was not there and any that was close was something like $119.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldOwl View Post
    I did call. I was told no shipping/delivery to my area. Also looked on their website my postcode was not there and any that was close was something like $119.
    Crazy. I emailed them a couple of months back and asked. I think it was about $180 that they charged. Clearly not worth it but they do deliver here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Have you heard the rumours that Ikea has been scouting for land on the central coast? it's true.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That rumour about an ikea on central coast or newcastle has been going for at least 5years already.

I really hope it comes true one day

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week

Default Ikea mishap vent

Don't get me started on ikea! I did a massive order for my new place and: had a chair with 3 left legs, a table with two left components instead of a left and right, I didn't realise you had to purchase slats separately for the bed (even though I asked an employee), and a chest of drawers missing a runner for one drawer. Despite me spending almost $4K they wanted me to pay $256 for delivery to swap the parts.

So it was a 300 km round trip for me and I don't drive! When I got there I had to show more ID and proof of purchase than you do to board a domestic flight...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    That rumour about an ikea on central coast or newcastle has been going for at least 5years already.
    That put's a bit of a downer on it. . I did read a couple of newspaper articles from the end of last year that suggested they were looking for land on the central coast and canberra to build new stores. I will remain hopefully either way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry but yeah i started hearing that when i first moved back to newcastle in 2008 and every now and then it comes up again.

I really wish they would though but am sure DH doesnt cause i spent too much there when i go anyway

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by RmumR View Post
    Sorry but yeah i started hearing that when i first moved back to newcastle in 2008 and every now and then it comes up again.

I really wish they would though but am sure DH doesnt cause i spent too much there when i go anyway
    That sucks! Really hope one does get built. The trip to Sydney is a PITA!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    That sucks! Really hope one does get built. The trip to Sydney is a PITA!

I hope so too. Though I would definitely spend too much if there was one close by. I won't be going again until the one at Marsden Park is finished. That will be a bit better than the other Sydney ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldOwl View Post
    I hope so too. Though I would definitely spend too much if there was one close by. I won't be going again until the one at Marsden Park is finished. That will be a bit better than the other Sydney ones.
    Do you know when that one is due to open? I found getting to Rhodes wasn't too bad but Tempe was a bit of a mission. Sydney traffic is just dreadful though.