+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's all in the realm of wives tales. There's no science to back any of it up.
    There have been studies showing ms is more likely to be bad when carrying a girl. However, anecdotally this is obviously not always the case!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was sick from conception to birth with ds, terrible for the first 15 weeks.. not as bad the next 10 weeks then bad again.

Dd1 I threw up daily for the 15 weeks I carried her. Even after she'd passed (missed miscarriage) I was vomiting, hence unaware anything was wrong.

Dd2 I threw up heaps in the first 11 weeks and then was hardly sick. Easiest pregnancy so far.

I think every pregnancy is different, regardless of gender.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Ihad HG with my second boy and my girl, but not with my first boy.

I was sick from 3wks with my first boy, 5wks with my second boy, 6wks with my girl.

I was sick for 14wks with my first boy, 26wks with my second boy, 20wks with my girl.

I was sicker with my second boy.

I had heartburn with my first boy, but not with the other two kids.

I craved savory with my boys, sweet with my girl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    With DS I had mild and occasional
    nausea in the early months but that was all really.

With this one the first 16 weeks were vile! Medication got me down to 2 vomits per day but still felt constantly nauseated! This baby is also a boy....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had 2 girls and 1 boy, there were only 2 things different with my boy then from my girl pregnancies. 1 was that his heartrate was lower at the 8 and 12 week scans (only the early ones, by 20 weeks they were the same). And the other was that transfer from 1st to 2nd trimester I fainted and had dizzy spells with the girls, never had that with my boy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im sure most of its old wives tales, but Im another who had very different symptoms between carrying 3 DDs and 1 DS.

Bad MS up till about 16 weeks with each girl, very bad MS the whole way with DS requiring daily injections of maxolon. Loved sweet stuff with DDs, only wanted salty food or fresh salad with DS. Was huge all over with each DD (DD 2 & 3 I gained around 40 kg each) but with DS I was all tummy. Also, for some strange reason none of my DDs engaged until active labour but were all VBs, yet DS engaged after being manually turned (breech) and was so far down that I required continual scans as they could never feel his head so worried he'd turned back, yet I required an emergency c-sec.

No doubt its all coincidental but it makes you wonder

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im pregnant with my first girl after 3 boys and have had an inkling that it was a girl the whole time.

i have a posterior placenta this time after 3 anterior's... I don't feel like eating often at all and have to make myself eat. I don't like mcdonalds, I was addicted wit all my boys. I fact I haven't really been into any junk, mainly fruit which is sooo opposite to all my boys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Four pregnancies here, one girl, three boys, all pregnancies identical.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The main thing I noticed when I was preg with girls....from 19-25 weeks I practically jumped dh every chance I could to dtd!
    But as for in early pregnancy, no they were all similar and I've had 3 girls, 2 boys.
    Last edited by ozeymumof5; 12-01-2014 at 12:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both my pregnancies were totally different in every way. I had 2 girls.