+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone going through a freeze all cycle after ohss?

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone has been through a freeze alI cycle after experiencing ohss? Did you have success or failure with your fets?

I had 34 mature eggs which landed me in hospital for a week with ohss. Lucky I was able to have 8 good quality blastocysts frozen.

I had my first ever fet (medicated) last month of a 5 day ab blastocyst and it turned out to be a BFN. I'm a little fearful now about the remaining fets. I'm pcos and my dh had mfi.

I'd love to hear any stories. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bao ,
    I am a graduate 2 x over from a cycle that sounds very similar to yours. I had an egg collection in 2009 that resulted in 34 eggs. I did have OHSS but did not go to hospital. I stayed home for 10 days though due to looking like I was 6 months pregnant. I got 14 beautiful embies from the cycle and they did try and put number 14 in though it didn't take (due to ohss i believe anyway) but my next two frosties, lucky number 13 and number 12, were successful.

I have always believed that FETs work better as your body isn't under as much stress as a fresh cycle. Best of luck to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know how devastating it is to have to do a freeze all, as it happened to me in 2009 after I hyperstimmed from 36 eggs. I agree with above poster that it's best not waste any embryos when your body is under so much stress. My first FET worked and I now a beautiful chatterbox 3.5 year old. Best of luck you are not alone, trust in your FS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much L85 and butterfi. You've given me hope!!

I had my egg collection in Aug and my first fet was in Dec so my body was recovered, but it must just not have meant to be. My next fet is in a few weeks. IVF really plays with your mind, grateful for this forum and support!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi!! I am on the IVF path myself but didn't get OHSS but one of my best friends did so had to freeze all. She got 22, 7 fertilised & they now have a beautiful 6 month old son. I had my third fresh transfer about 4 weeks ago (BFN) & have sworn I will only ever do frozen again as a PP said your body is in a much better place with out all
    Of the stimming & surgery.

Sending you the best of luck, and lots of baby dust xox

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rose2207 For This Useful Post:

BaoLovesLudo  (13-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou Rose. Wishing you all the success for your next cycle and a plenty baby dusts to you.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BaoLovesLudo For This Useful Post:

rose2207  (13-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you xx

Baby dust to you too!