+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    That's fine. "Banned in Japan" is quite different to "Banned in most countries" is all.
    Geeez sorry, i was typing on my phone whilst with the kids....

Will watch my sentence contruction next time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm with TeBe- when I was on a mission to drop weight last year, though bubhub 6 week challenges, one diet coke in the afternoon was my saviour!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I lived in Japan for a time and I'm pretty sure I could get lite coke if I wanted it. I don't really remember because you are given green tea with meals and that is mostly what we drank. I can't believe I would have gone for that many months without a DC though. The only info online I can find that states it's banned in Japan is from dodgey blogs/sites...I was there 6 years ago. There must be someone who's travelled there more recently?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I vaguely remember it being called 'zero calorie coke with vitamins' or something equally funny...:-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acadaca View Post
    I vaguely remember it being called 'zero calorie coke with vitamins' or something equally funny...:-)
    I have a highschool friend whos lived there for 12 yrs. She told me it was banned in products. It may been the aspartame product, but there are many artificial sweetners on the market, Coke may use them instead to sell in Japan? I do see that Stevia is their sweetner of choice?

All I know is that my chronic illness has improved since flicking aspartame, its the only change I have made.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You could try the Mount Franklin sparkling mineral water. They come in either lemon or lime twist flavour and have no sugar or nasties in them. I was quite a diet soft drink addict and these really helped break my addiction. So refreshing on a hot day! I just get mine in Woolies

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chippa For This Useful Post:

Mahjong  (12-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjong View Post
    Geeez sorry, i was typing on my phone whilst with the kids....

Will watch my sentence contruction next time.
    It's not a matter of sentence structure at all. You clearly said it was banned in most countries and when called on it, you said you thought it was banned in Japan. That comes off as either scaremongering or putting forth a belief that was just incorrect. No biggie, it's clarified. I'm glad your health is improving but correlation does not equal causation. It may be that you have a sensitivity to aspartame or it may be that your health is improving for other reasons, I don't know. I do know that many, many studies show aspartame to be a safe food additive/ingredient.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'd rather sugar than aspartame, but that is just me. Everything is bad if you don't do it in moderation, but I'd still consume something that grows rather than is produced in a lab iykwim. I love bacon.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (12-01-2014),Elijahs Mum  (12-01-2014),gizmoduckus  (12-01-2014),Mahjong  (12-01-2014),SassyMummy  (12-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whatever makes you sleep better at night.

BTW, I have done a lot of research into additives and my condition. Quite a lot of sufferers have the same problem. But what would I know, I live with the condition, talk to others with the condition....

Oh that's right, it hasn't been proven with "science". Because they get that right everyday.

Peace out. Im reminded why I don't post anymore.
    Last edited by Mahjong; 12-01-2014 at 18:28.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mahjong For This Useful Post:

OurLittleBlessing  (12-01-2014)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    It's not a matter of sentence structure at all. You clearly said it was banned in most countries and when called on it, you said you thought it was banned in Japan. That comes off as either scaremongering or putting forth a belief that was just incorrect. No biggie, it's clarified. I'm glad your health is improving but correlation does not equal causation. It may be that you have a sensitivity to aspartame or it may be that your health is improving for other reasons, I don't know. I do know that many, many studies show aspartame to be a safe food additive/ingredient.
    Well she did clarify, so maybe it's time to let it go? Since it's no biggie and all.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

gizmoduckus  (12-01-2014),Mahjong  (12-01-2014)