As the title suggested, I'm just after some experiences of women who's little ones have had PTT and if they've gone on to develop speech problems later as a result.

My DD is 3 weeks old and we've had issues with breastfeeding. In the hospital they said my technique was great, but my nipples were really badly damage, in particular my right. Since coming home, the damage got worse so I stopped feeding off that side to let it heal and started expressing. I then developed mastitis when she was 2 weeks old. Saw a LC today because I'm still having issues and the mastitis is hanging around, and after 2 1/2 hrs with me she said there's nothing I'm doing wrong or that can change, and that Dd has a posterior tongue tie.

She's going to refer me to a paediatric dentist to see if it's suitable for treatment, but I'm wondering what the long term effects are of leaving it, if any?

I'm currently expressing and feeding enough to keep up with her on the most part, so Im unsure whether to put her thru that procedure just for feeding sake.

So, did your little one have any issues (aside from feeding) if the PTt was in diagnosed or untreated long term?