+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Increasing chances of IVF succsess

Hi all,

I am really interested about how you can increase your chances leading up to and during ivf and how I should be preparing ? I start my cycle in Feb and I have been trying to work on my diet I'm a little chubby not to much over weight though but still something I want to work on iv also been taking black mores pre conception vitimans since I found out I had to get Ivf in September df is on menevit and we have cut down on drinking although we do have a hens/bucks on 8th of feb the month we are doing the cycle does anyone have an advice on how much we should drink if any ? It's for our best friends who are getting married march first. I am maid of honor and df is best man for her husband so we are abit stuck on what we should do we don't want to risk being unhealthy for Ivf but at the same time we want to have fun with our best friends. It's a tough one.

But all that aside does anyone have an advice on what we can do to make this experience better and for us to increase our succsess and health before hand ?

Any advice is appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

i will try this again...I lost my post .

Anyway. We are trying for bub 2 early this year, we were very fortunate to fall first time round with ICSI. So dh his on zinc, folate aloe vera juice,selenium forte vitamin c and eating trail mix. I take l-argine and royal jelly. And acupuncture was a saviour for me. I believed it totally helped with assisting the ivf. I went weekly 3 month prior to my cycle. I guess it depends on why you require ivf. We both have issues.

i am interested to see what other people do as I'm wanting to do a fertility cleanse and diet,but not to sure how to go about it.

we were the same as you, we cut back on the booze,but didn't totally didn't give it up, we are both trying to this time.... But it's just really hard when you are going through such a stressful thing like ivf, and I know that's a cop out using stress as a reason why we drink...anyway, each to their own.

Good luck in feb, and have a blast In march at your best friends wedding...hopefully you won't be drinking!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahu View Post
    Hi

i will try this again...I lost my post .

Anyway. We are trying for bub 2 early this year, we were very fortunate to fall first time round with ICSI. So dh his on zinc, folate aloe vera juice,selenium forte vitamin c and eating trail mix. I take l-argine and royal jelly. And acupuncture was a saviour for me. I believed it totally helped with assisting the ivf. I went weekly 3 month prior to my cycle. I guess it depends on why you require ivf. We both have issues.

i am interested to see what other people do as I'm wanting to do a fertility cleanse and diet,but not to sure how to go about it.

we were the same as you, we cut back on the booze,but didn't totally didn't give it up, we are both trying to this time.... But it's just really hard when you are going through such a stressful thing like ivf, and I know that's a cop out using stress as a reason why we drink...anyway, each to their own.

Good luck in feb, and have a blast In march at your best friends wedding...hopefully you won't be drinking!
    Hello ! thank you for your response sounds like you are doing all the right things I need to take a page from
    Your book haha

We to are getting Ivf because we both have problems I have endo and he has a low count we are both in our early twenties but are racing against time a little bit as eventually I may be looking at a hysterectomy they recommend you try have kids before that haha

Does the royal jelly come in capsules ? I was looking at that a while ago also maca root I was taking for a while
    I need to get back into that. I think because its been such a long wait between being told and actually starting the cycle that iv gotten a little lazy with the prep work but I really want to get on top of it now.
    I have found a clinic that does Chinese herbal medicine mixed with acupuncture it's pretty pricey though as its a package so I have told myself that if it doesn't work the first time my next step will be to do the package before my next cycle and during this way I have a little more hope the second time round as its something I haven't tried yet. I have heard really good things about it though.

Were you both told to go on those vitimans or did you research it I'm only on the preconception and df is on menevit I'm not to sure if that has everything in it I think we will both start vitiman c now to as we don't want to risk getting sick before hand !

As for the drinking I completely agree its such a roller coaster and having some drinks with a group of friends seems like the only remedy sometimes but I think I'm going to stay away from any form of binge drinking and make sure I have pleanty of water in between the drinks I do have I'd hate for that to be part of the reason for it not working the hard part will be making sure df does the same without actually being with him ill be the annoying texting fiancé haha

It's so hard to know what's right and what we should be doing as the doctors aren't usually that involved in natural remedies and things like that.
    As for the cleanse I'm looking at doing that to but which one is the questions !! I found a site that has fertility smoothies you make one every day for two weeks that's something I may give a shot it seems pretty doable but also very costly as you need all the fertility vitimans and supplements to add to each smoothie.

Anyway thank you so much for your response best of luck to you !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Is he on menevit? You can put him on double doses. I'd have a couple of drinks at the wedding and enjoy yourself but no more.

Acupuncture on the day of transfer ( before and after) is great if you can do it.

There are lot of supplements you can take like CQ10 and fish oil. Vitamin b6 is good too.

Ivf is very stressful and in my experience the more you can manage the stress the better and potentially more successful it will be. Look after each other and take it all one day, one cycle at a time.

Best of luck to you, hope you get it first try.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    Is he on menevit? You can put him on double doses. I'd have a couple of drinks at the wedding and enjoy yourself but no more.

Acupuncture on the day of transfer ( before and after) is great if you can do it.

There are lot of supplements you can take like CQ10 and fish oil. Vitamin b6 is good too.

Ivf is very stressful and in my experience the more you can manage the stress the better and potentially more successful it will be. Look after each other and take it all one day, one cycle at a time.

Best of luck to you, hope you get it first try.
    Thank you for your advice
    Yes he is taking menevit once a day so maybe we should up the dose

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi!

so yes the royal jelly comes in capsules. I was told by my acupuncturist to take l arginine,but it only comes in powder form, so I make capsules up cause it's horrible and gives me really bad reflux. As for dh, last time he was menevit, but there wasn't a big difference in sperm mobility and count from taking it for 6 months, so I decided to not use it this time round, and I did some research and came up with these and also from another forum, a lady told me about zinc and gojoi berries...I think I forgot to mention that. This lady told me that her FS told him to take that.

Today i I bought a fertility diet book, so once I have have had a good look at it, I will post more things. Oh I also bought spiraling to add to my smoothies....hopefully it will all work...

gotta go I hear a little someone grizzling in bed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, I found the best approach was everything in moderation. I think I was a lot more balanced mentally/emotionally on our third (successful - 15 weeks preggo) cycle. We both went to a naturopath, who gave us vitamins for fertility and stress, I went weekly to acupuncture & had extra sessions 12 hours before/after transfer, regular gym workouts & runs, but have a day off if tired etc. I found the odd glass of wine helped me relax & I went to my brother's wedding just before EPU had a few drinks and a good time! Good luck for your cycle and trust the process, don't second guess everything like I did!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I believe acupuncture made the difference for me. I had an unsuccessful cycle in May then a month before we cycled in August I started acupuncture weekly. I didn't make any other changes to my exercise, vitamins, diet etc and my stims were unchanged.

My second cycle was so different to my first - i had more follies at scans, epu happened sooner, more eggs at collection, much better recovery following epu and a higher rate of fertilisation. I did a before and after session on transfer day and 2 more in the tww. Woohoo success - now 23 weeks

Some will say acupuncture is a crock but like I said - I made zero changes between first and second cycles but everything was going better right from the start of my second cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We were very blessed to fall pregnant first cycle with twins and did nothing special at all. The only thing I would recommend is make sure you drink lots of water as recommended when taking the medication to help prevent side effects. I did this and had no side effects at all through treatment. I felt that the water helped.

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    All this information has helped so much all so positive thank you so much for sharing girls ! I will definitely do acupuncture if not for the first I will for the second if I have to go for a second round.
    If I can scrape up enough money ill start acupuncture at the end of Jan