+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 9mo sleep issues & bottle feeding

Hey Everyone,

My 9mo baby boy has been waking every 2.5hours for a feed the last 3 nights. His sleep just keeps getting worse & worse. He started sleeping through the night at 4 weeks old but has slowly been waking more & more. DH & I are exhausted at the moment but have no idea what to do to get him to sleep longer. We're hoping he is just going through a growth spurt. If he is, how long should it last? He is still BF (not by choice) as he refuses to take a bottle - any suggestions on getting him to take a bottle would be greatly appreciated. We have tried all different types of bottles & teats, different people feeding him at different times of the day - nothing works! TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 9mo previously EBF dd would also not take a bottle (I tried every brand I could find). Tried a sippy cup (Heinz) and she will drink from that. Was only small amounts at first but I offered every day and now she's fine with it. Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD is 9 months old and she is exactly the same. She was sleeping 7pm-4am, but now she is up every couple of hours and taking up to an hour and a half to settle. She is also fighting most of her day naps. It is so frustrating and I am so completely exhausted!

I have read that it is pretty common for babies to go through a sleep regression at around 9 months due to all their development changes at this time. Apparently it takes around generally 2 - 6 weeks to improve, but then often their sleep goes back to how it was (as long as you don't establish different sleep habits during that time). I really hope it improves soon. It is awful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How does bub go back to sleep? Self settle? Breast feed?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Is he cutting teeth?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mine when through the same thing recently - major sleep regression and we've just come out the other end a week or two ago (11 months now). It's a big stage in their life- learning to crawl and seperation anxiety peaks. I just fed her back to sleep with this phase .... Good luck it's very tough
    Eta my dd won't take a bottle too so no help there!
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 10-01-2014 at 18:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    He feeds back to sleep & no teeth coming through. It's just so exhausting. Fingers crossed for a good night. As for a sippy cup, he won't drink out of one either. I'm convinced he just doesn't want a sibling haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is exhausting! Hope it is just a stage

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Google 8mth sleep regression. My eldest got it but not my youngest.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app