Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's so great @Kwazii! Congrats.

I wonder how @Colbie is?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluebirdgirl For This Useful Post:

Kwazii  (29-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great Cat74. I've been thinking about Colbie too, hopefully it's a good sign that she's quiet. I'm still here!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good to hear @Cat74

I'm hoping that next time @Colbie pops in its with the great news of her bubba's arrival!

How are you feeling @Green Cheese @Bluebirdgirl? It's a bit of a race to see who will be the lucky lady in labour first!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm still waiting too. Today or tomorrow is my due date. Today was my date and tomorrow was the ultrasound.
    Have felt the same all week, lots of braxton hicks, some real contractions, always fizzles when I go to bed.
    just trying not to think about any of it now.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluebirdgirl For This Useful Post:

French Pear  (29-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't say I've got anything happening here. But being induced Sunday night so not long to go either way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies! Copied from my due date thread

Our beautiful baby girl Maisie Willow was born yesterday at 4.52pm.

When my midwife came and checked me around 10am I was almost 3cm and cervix soft, she said she'd be surprised if we didn't have a baby by evening and I totally didn't believe her! However contractions got stronger and longer once she left, and so we called her back about 1pm along with our beautiful doula. I think the other back up midwife arrived about 2pm. DS got dropped home after school by grandma and once he was here I went into transition and had her less than an hour later! It was a beautiful home waterbirth and she was actually born with her waters intact which was pretty amazing. She is 6pd 13oz and 49cm long. DS was amazing- I wasn't sure if he would be scared but he was the opposite, so calm and inquisitive.

At about 11pm last night she had a bit of a choking episode (we think she couldn't get some mucus up but she darkened in colour and couldn't catch a breath). So we ended up taking her to hospital just to be checked over which (although comforting) was a bit of a mistake because even though by that stage she was totally fine, they decided to keep her overnight for observation in the special care nursery. All her checks came back perfect. So we had a sleepless night in hospital but finally arrived back home just before lunch time today.

She is so lovely and feeding like a champion! We are exhausted but very happy

Oh and she's a pretty special girl- she came on the exact due date of the baby we lost last year. Crazy hey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbie View Post
    Hi ladies! Copied from my due date thread

Our beautiful baby girl Maisie Willow was born yesterday at 4.52pm.

When my midwife came and checked me around 10am I was almost 3cm and cervix soft, she said she'd be surprised if we didn't have a baby by evening and I totally didn't believe her! However contractions got stronger and longer once she left, and so we called her back about 1pm along with our beautiful doula. I think the other back up midwife arrived about 2pm. DS got dropped home after school by grandma and once he was here I went into transition and had her less than an hour later! It was a beautiful home waterbirth and she was actually born with her waters intact which was pretty amazing. She is 6pd 13oz and 49cm long. DS was amazing- I wasn't sure if he would be scared but he was the opposite, so calm and inquisitive.

At about 11pm last night she had a bit of a choking episode (we think she couldn't get some mucus up but she darkened in colour and couldn't catch a breath). So we ended up taking her to hospital just to be checked over which (although comforting) was a bit of a mistake because even though by that stage she was totally fine, they decided to keep her overnight for observation in the special care nursery. All her checks came back perfect. So we had a sleepless night in hospital but finally arrived back home just before lunch time today.

She is so lovely and feeding like a champion! We are exhausted but very happy

Oh and she's a pretty special girl- she came on the exact due date of the baby we lost last year. Crazy hey.
    A very big congratulations @Colbie and welcome to the world Maisie Willow (beautiful name) x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats!! @Colbie So happy for you that you had such a lovely birth.
    How scary and awful you had to stay in hospital, but great that shes ok.
    I like her name too!

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Huge congrats Colbie. Such a beautiful name, so glad birth went well and you're at least back home now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Green Cheese sorry I missed your post earlier. Good luck for the induction on Sunday, if nothing happens over the next few days. Were you induced with your DD?