Closed Thread
Page 88 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @French Pear! It's just not easy to switch it off sometimes.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post:

French Pear  (27-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The anxiety is building here too. I'm at 10+1 today and I have a scan at my Ob tomorrow just to check. The longest failed pregnancy I had was 10 weeks, but not discovered until the 12 week scan. I'm feeling so much better lately: very little nausea today, more energy for the last couple of days...actually just less nausea lately full stop. And I don't seem to be short of breath anymore. Maybe I'm just forgetting what "normal" felt like, but I'm just trying to make it through until 2 o'clock tomorrow when hopefully there'll still be a heartbeat. My husband is home sick at the moment and we were talking about whether he should come to the scan or not. Initially he wasn't going to because he would be working, but now he's going to be home he's not sure whether he should come to support me just in case. It's heightened my anxiety because he's noticed that I seem to have "picked up" in the last couple of days. Since 4 out of 5 of my m/cs have required medical intervention, the lack of symptoms maybe the only sign we have that something is wrong. Of course sometimes I've had symptoms all the way through and there were no "clues" until the scan that something was wrong. Obviously that makes every scan nerve wracking and the relief of seeing a heartbeat only lasts about 12 - 24 hours. Sorry for the long winded post, I think I just need to hear my baby's heartbeat NOW. The next 2-3 weeks may give me a nervous breakdown - if I get that far.
    Last edited by Kwazii; 26-08-2014 at 21:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you @Kwazii @Cat74 @Green Cheese @French Pear

Even though it's an awful subject and there doesn't really seem to be an answer to the anxiety, I am so glad I'm not alone. The anxiety is just crushing - I really don't know how I'm going to make it through - but it sounds like my feelings are pretty normal and you guys have all experienced it and are dealing with it the best you can.

It is such early days for me, I'm going for my second blood test today to see if the hCG levels are rising - and I'm preparing myself for the worst. Yesterday I was feeling like all was OK because I had symptoms, my boobs were quite sore and I had some dull cramps - but today I don't really have either of those symptoms - maybe my boobs are a bit tender if I press on them (!), but not as much as yesterday... This is such a total mind-f**k, excuse the language!

Kwazii I will be thinking of you today when you go for your scan - I can only imagine how stressful it is getting to 10 weeks and being so close to the 'safer' time of 12 weeks - although honestly, I'm sure I will never feel 'safe' for the whole of my pregnancy!

Lots of love to everyone going through this difficult (but hopeful!) time :-)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

Kwazii  (27-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Kwazii, good luck today! Thinking of you!
    @Leisylou hope your blood test goes well! Really try not to read too much into the presence or absence of symptoms. Some days you'll feel better than others. You are right though, it is a total mind f**k.

I wish it got better! I'm now on twice weekly OB appointments because my blood pressure is not behaving so I need to be monitored closely for other pre-eclampsia symptoms. I'm not totally convinced bubba and I are going to make it to the 9th for my booked caesar but fingers crossed . We had a scan yesterday and he is an estimated 6lbs 7oz at the moment, so reasonable size, which is good.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post:

Kwazii  (27-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat74 View Post
    @Kwazii, good luck today! Thinking of you!
    @Leisylou hope your blood test goes well! Really try not to read too much into the presence or absence of symptoms. Some days you'll feel better than others. You are right though, it is a total mind f**k.

I wish it got better! I'm now on twice weekly OB appointments because my blood pressure is not behaving so I need to be monitored closely for other pre-eclampsia symptoms. I'm not totally convinced bubba and I are going to make it to the 9th for my booked caesar but fingers crossed . We had a scan yesterday and he is an estimated 6lbs 7oz at the moment, so reasonable size, which is good.
    Ooh Cat74, don't you go beating Colbie bluebird and myself who are all due this week! My dd was only 6lb14oz at a week over so that's a great predicted size for a few weeks early. I went to the Dr yesterday and had a few tears just being anxious about my bp rising and issues I had with my placenta last time so I'm on every second day bp and urine monitoring and she has booked an induction for Sunday/Monday. (Gel Sun night and then the drip and waters Mon) So it looks like my bubba will be here by this time next week! I still struggle to get my head around bringing a baby home and this feels like the longest pregnancy ever.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Green Cheese For This Useful Post:

Bluebirdgirl  (27-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I won't be surprised if I'm last to deliver :/
    feels like my longest pregnancy ever too @Green Cheese and if she's not out by Saturday it technically will be!
    I know there is an end to this but I just feel like it's going on forever.
    @Cat74 I hope everything stays stable for you. It must be so much harder having to feel concerned about your health.

such teeny bubbas. Expecting a nearly 9lber here! My smallest have been 8lb 5oz.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Green Cheese, believe me I do not want to take the prize for first to go! Happy for you, Colbie and Bluebirdgirl to fight that one out. I think my OB has seen me in tears more than he's seen me smiling TBH. All the emotions just seem to well up when I'm there. The irony of being anxious about rising BP is that only pushes it higher. My daily struggle...every time I get the BP machine to test I get tense.

Wow, this time next week! That's so exciting!!! I really hope all goes well for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was at my OB's yesterday having a few tears as well @Green Cheese it must have been the day for it!
    @Cat74 that's no good about your blood pressure but at least they are monitoring you very closely. Bubs sounds like a decent size. Have you had the steroids injections for bubs lungs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwazii View Post
    The anxiety is building here too. I'm at 10+1 today and I have a scan at my Ob tomorrow just to check. The longest failed pregnancy I had was 10 weeks, but not discovered until the 12 week scan. I'm feeling so much better lately: very little nausea today, more energy for the last couple of days...actually just less nausea lately full stop. And I don't seem to be short of breath anymore. Maybe I'm just forgetting what "normal" felt like, but I'm just trying to make it through until 2 o'clock tomorrow when hopefully there'll still be a heartbeat. My husband is home sick at the moment and we were talking about whether he should come to the scan or not. Initially he wasn't going to because he would be working, but now he's going to be home he's not sure whether he should come to support me just in case. It's heightened my anxiety because he's noticed that I seem to have "picked up" in the last couple of days. Since 4 out of 5 of my m/cs have required medical intervention, the lack of symptoms maybe the only sign we have that something is wrong. Of course sometimes I've had symptoms all the way through and there were no "clues" until the scan that something was wrong. Obviously that makes every scan nerve wracking and the relief of seeing a heartbeat only lasts about 12 - 24 hours. Sorry for the long winded post, I think I just need to hear my baby's heartbeat NOW. The next 2-3 weeks may give me a nervous breakdown - if I get that far.
    Good luck for your scan today. Make sure to come in and update us

14. The Following User Says Thank You to French Pear For This Useful Post:

Kwazii  (27-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh gosh, @Bluebirdgirl, Saturday! It blows my mind with how soon you all are.
    @French Pear, no steroid injections yet but I'm seeing OB again tomorrow so I guess I'll wait to see what happens. Aside from BP, he's happy with the way everything is going, and GD dr is happy with my blood sugar levels. Just have to take it easy...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post:

French Pear  (27-08-2014)