Closed Thread
Page 87 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat74 View Post
    @French Pear @Bluebirdgirl, here is my finished baby blanket - FINALLY!

Attachment 59642
    That looks great Cat, well done. I asked mum a few weeks ago if she could possibly make a capsule sized little knitted blanket for bub and she dropped it off yesterday. I may have shed a tear!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Green Cheese, it is the whole family heirloom thing, isn't it?! Call me sentimental, or addled by pregnancy hormones, but I took on this knitting project not only so my bubba could have a handmade blanket but also so that one day maybe his children use the same blanket too. So so soppy...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post:

Green Cheese  (21-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat74 View Post
    @Green Cheese, it is the whole family heirloom thing, isn't it?! Call me sentimental, or addled by pregnancy hormones, but I took on this knitting project not only so my bubba could have a handmade blanket but also so that one day maybe his children use the same blanket too. So so soppy...
    Yeah we got given a beautiful one for dd but the story isn't so amazing ie one of hubbies regular customers gave it to us, I'm not even aware of the ladies name. Mum did tell me she has some at home but she's not sure which child they belong to lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @shadowangel0205, @Leisylou and @dantaz. I hope you can keep from stressing out too much over the net few months. I had a minor panic moment at the start of this week when my cold finally cleared up and I felt SO MUCH better. All my pregnancy symptoms seemed to have gone as well. Luckily my Ob had time to get me in for a scan and everything was fine...and now the nausea is back in full swing. @FrenchPear, I hope you make it through to the next milestone without going insane. I hope all you ladies who are so close are doing well. @Cat74, the blanket looks amazing. A little knitting tip for you: just carrying the ends of the colours along the side next time instead of tying off and reattaching and you won't have to weave in all the ends.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Kwazii, do you mean like looping the tail over at the same time as the new thread colour? And that doesn't show through on the front? That would have been soooo much easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for the welcome Kwazii :-)

I was just wanting to know if anyone had some good tips for getting through the first few weeks of pregnancy? With three miscarriages in past, I thought I would be stressed - but maybe a little phisolopshical about it - but I was a mess last night when I felt really sick and had quite a lot of cramping - I was sure I would be bleeding by this morning, but I'm not...

Every time I feel even the slightest dampness (TMI!) I think it must be blood and I run to the loo to check - it is ridiculous, but with so much focus on conceiving again - I realised that I don't have a strategy to cope with actually being pregnant! I know it's just one day at a time and there's not really anything I can do to change the outcome either way - but I just thought some of you might have some tips as to what helped you cope?

Thanks xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Leisylou View Post

I was just wanting to know if anyone had some good tips for getting through the first few weeks of pregnancy? With three miscarriages in past, I thought I would be stressed - but maybe a little phisolopshical about it - but I was a mess last night when I felt really sick and had quite a lot of cramping - I was sure I would be bleeding by this morning, but I'm not...

Every time I feel even the slightest dampness (TMI!) I think it must be blood and I run to the loo to check - it is ridiculous, but with so much focus on conceiving again - I realised that I don't have a strategy to cope with actually being pregnant! I know it's just one day at a time and there's not really anything I can do to change the outcome either way - but I just thought some of you might have some tips as to what helped you cope?

Thanks xxxx
    I was a bit of a mess like you, but just tried not to focus on being pregnant and take each day at a time. I tried to remind myself that there was nothing I could do to change the outcome at that point, it was out of my hands. But I only had the one miscarriage, and I don't know how I would cope with multiple losses.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had 5 M/Cs in the past and when I went for my viability scan both my husband and I realised that we were so busy preparing ourselves for the worst that we just couldn't handle the good news with anything but disbelief. It's been the same at every appointment. I think the way we're coping with being pregnant @Leisylou is to no believe it until after the 12/13 week scan still shows everything is okay. @Cat74 re: knitting. Leave all the colours attached and hanging from the end that you finished. Knit/purl across 2 rows until you're back at the same side and then loop the thread that you're working with around all the others to hold them in tight at the side. This way they just carry along the side of the blanket until they're needed again. Most patterns have you knit even rows of colours which allows you to do this. If you carry the thread across and loop with each stitch it will show through the pattern a bit, but this is how you do "fair isle" stitch where you change colours midway through a row to do letters and pictures.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Leisylou, I don't think I truly believed my pregnancy would stick. I tried not to get too invested in it early on in case something happened, but unfortunately the flip side of that is that I didn't feel any joy about it either. It really was at the half-way point I started to allow a glimmer of hope.

Try not to read too much into every niggling sensation. Try not to Google - Googling pregnancy and/or miscarriage symptoms will totally freak you out. That will definitely do your head in. Take one day at a time and remember that the negative thoughts are just your mind making stuff up to fill a void, not necessarily the reality of the situation. Always try to challenge the negative stuff by putting it in perspective and looking for the truth in the situation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Leisylou View Post

Thanks xxxx
    I haven't had a miscarriage but our DD2 was born stillborn at 20 weeks, I'm only 22.5 weeks pregnant with my subsequent pregnancy and I'm still as anxious as ever.

I can only say i take it day by day, set small milestones, I use a doppler at home and see my OB weekly for monitoring but I'm still not relaxed. I can't really offer any useful advice as I'm still spending a massive amount of time over analysing my knickers at every bathroom trip to see if I'm leaking amniotic fluid. Sometimes I actually think I feel a gush and will go into the bathroom and there is nothing there, just my mind messing with me.

I hope you can find a way to get through this period without stressing but I don't actually know if it's possible once you have suffered loss(es) to have that pregnancy innocence again, I had it with my first.

Well I think that was all a bit of a downer wasn't it..! Sorry ladies, I'm having a rough time anxiety wise at the moment...