Closed Thread
Page 86 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks for the welcome ladies.

lesslie i remember you. congrats on your bfp! Hope its sticky for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @French Pear, I'm sorry to hear that you are still feeling flat. Passing those milestones doesn't make you feel better for very long. We all have different triggers. Challenge those anxious thoughts! You've come this far and there's nothing to suggest that anything is amiss so try to hold onto that thought. For every negative thought try to put it into perspective - our anxiety always leads us to the worst case scenario.

Taking it one day at a time is what is working for me at the moment. Yes, it is three weeks today until our little fella is scheduled to arrive (21 days, 84 finger prick tests, 84 insulin injections...and counting down). Looking forward to meeting bubba. And looking forward to having dessert again!!!

Even though I've gotten this far I'm still worried about making it to that point. Someone reminded me last week that the risk of stillbirth is higher with GD (which is why bubs comes out earlier) and another lady in my DIG who has GD had her baby over the weekend - at 35 weeks (thankfully mum and bub doing well). So it's playing on my mind, I guess. But I just have to keep telling myself I have no troubling symptoms and bubba is moving heaps...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @cat74 are you a counsellor IRL by any chance? You always take the time to give good advice to everyone thank you. I'm hanging for the next 2 weeks to be over and you have 3 weeks till your babe is here! We can countdown together Do you think you would be as worried if you didn't have GD or that just adds more worry on top? I have my GD test in a few more weeks. I didn't have it with DD1, so hoping to not have it this time, I need desert, I can't have wine so I have substituted! Ah I miss wine I bet you can't wait to do that 84th injection to have them all over!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    i am too going to cautiously poke my head in here
    I had a MMC in May at 12 weeks and have now found myself surprisingly with a BFP even though we had agreed we were done
    I have a 9yr old DS and a 6yr old DD and in between them i had a miscarriage as well
    so fx that this one goes a bit smoother for us
    i look forward to getting to know you all

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dantaz For This Useful Post:

Summer  (20-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @French Pear, ha, ha, no I'm not a counsellor but have done a lot of therapy and self-help reading during my life because I have suffered from anxiety off and on for a long time. I don't like to see others struggling...

I think for me the GD has added another layer of worry to this pregnancy. Even though the chances of something going wrong because of it are slim when it's well-controlled, it is something that I have struggled with all the way along. And it feels like a long time for me because I was diagnosed so early (10 weeks). But the end is in sight... Re desserts, Ski Divine butterscotch yoghurt has changed my life. You take whatever sweetness you can get when you have GD.
    @dantaz, welcome and congratulations on your surprise BFP!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies just popping in quickly. Nothing really doing over here. Lots of braxton hicks that's about all. 39wk appt tomorrow.
    My last baby was born at this gestation so feeling a bit bummed I didn't get to do the same this time! @Colbie, I feel the same, finding it hard to be patient. People are also annoying me a bit, expecting I should have had the baby by now or something.
    feeling I've been pregnant forever and will be forever, but that's normal right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    In gonna say totally normal cause I feel the same way bluebird. If I go to the same gestation as dd that means I've got another two whole weeks! So jealous that today marks the point my niece was born last year though, and almost everyone I know who was due around the same time as me has had their babies. Although at the same time feeling totally unprepared, and wanted to have a panic attack reading my 'birth skills' book this morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @French Pear @Bluebirdgirl, here is my finished baby blanket - FINALLY!

IMG_1105.jpg

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post:

French Pear  (21-08-2014),Green Cheese  (21-08-2014),Kwazii  (22-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep @Green Cheese, everyone else I know but you ladies that was due around me has had their babies early. They were due before me but had them 1-2 weeks early. @Cat74 wow that looks amazing. All the color changing!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Bluebirdgirl, thanks. It was a pattern that I bought on Etsy but I changed the colours for mine. I'm really happy with the way it turned out...but weaving in the tails from all those colour changes was mind numbing. I'm glad it's done!