Closed Thread
Page 83 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by French Pear View Post
    Wow you are getting so close! Are you going for a natural birth? I remember the waiting with DD1 to go into labour, it drove me crazy!
    38 weeks today! Yes natural, I'm planning a home birth. I go between being super patient and then wishing something would start to happen

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colbie For This Useful Post:

Bluebirdgirl  (11-08-2014),Cat74  (11-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Colbie, so exciting. I think you're very brave having a natural home birth. I've been such as anxious mess at different times during this pregnancy I just don't think I could get through labour.
    @French Pear, half way! The anterior placenta is annoying how it dulls the movements but it's great that you're starting to feel things. That certainly helped my state of mind. When I couldn't feel anything I just couldn't help but wonder what was going on and it was awful.

I had my OB appointment today and we have booked in for caesar on 9 September. All being well, four weeks from tomorrow I'll get to hold my little boy in my arms! I'm just so excited for it...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post:

Bluebirdgirl  (11-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Cat74, how exciting to have a date. @Colbie, quite envious of those who can home birth! Is this your second home birth? I need interventions (episiotomy) and always need stitching, not to mention there are no midwives in the area I live. I would love to be able to do it though. My friend does unassisted home births. She's had 6 of her 11 children that way. I'd much prefer to have a midwife myself though.
    3 days behind you, trying not to get impatient but isn't really working. My tummy just feels so full and tight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls, yes it's my second home birth. I am on a community midwifery program so I am assisted by 2 midwives at the birth and also my doula I don't think I would feel comfortable having an unassisted birth unless I was medically trained. I'm getting excited to birth though. I really really don't want to be one of those 'ugh so over it' kind of people but as my edd gets closer it's hard not to have it on your mind all the time. When will it happen? What will it be like? Should I try natural induction methods or just wait it out? My mind is just always on it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same @Colbie. Do you have any signs? I haven't really, not even any more braxton hicks than usual.
    My last baby was 9 days before edd. I was absolutely sure of his due date and I am of this one too.
    It would be so awesome to be 9 days early again, especially since my husband will only be off work til sept 17, so if I were to go to due date it only gives me approx two weeks of him home before I'm alone with the kids and a newborn!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My hubby has 4 weeks off starting from 4 days past my due date after last time when I went 8 days over I got so sick of him hanging around! I'm not having any signs of anything happening here, but I'm pretty much over it already. Dd has been sick so we're not going anywhere either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeh I kinda wish he wasn't off just yet, but the kids are driving me crazy! He will be home Saturday. He works fifo. He's gone for 9 nights at a time usually. Just happened that his usual time off fell the week and a bit before my due date, his holidays come into effect after that.
    But he's the type to be asking me how I feel every day! I hope I can stay sane.
    Hope your lil girl is feeling better @Green Cheese.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH works so much I wouldn't know what to do if he was home! I'd probably be crazy after 4 days.

Hope your DD is feeling better @Green Cheese DD has had the coughing/snotting for a week but never rests so it's prolonged longer than it needs to be. Rest is not a word in her vocabulary.

I'm excited for all you lucky ladies due at really anytime! This thread is in for a few busy weeks

@Colbie good luck with your home birth, sounds like you had a great support network for the birth. I think I tried everything with DD1 to get her out and she was still 10 days late.

@Bluebirdgirl how have your previous labours started? Late, on time, early? Your about 38 weeks too aren't you?

@Cat74 so exciting to have your date! Wow only 4 weeks are you all organised?

@Kwazii how is the spotting going? Stopped yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @French Pear, mostly organised now. Just need a few more bits and pieces but pretty minor things. I want to get my hospital bag as ready as possible though. A friend was telling me how frustrating it was when she didn't have hers organised and her bub came three weeks early. She'd ask her husband to bring her things in hospital but he keep bringing her the wrong things. Mine would be the same. Better to be prepared...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I put off packing my hospital bag, thought I would spend my time in early labour finishing the last bits off but once my contractions started I was in and out of the shower and all my last minute packing plans went yet the window. DH had to quickly chuck the last bits in when we dashed out to the car to the hospital. I had no excuse not to have it done, I was 10 days over - I just hate packing haha @Cat74