Closed Thread
Page 75 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat74 View Post
    I'm doing well. 30 weeks yesterday! Emotions are running high though - things on TV are upsetting me - Offspring episode last week where the mother died in childbirth; drug addicted babies on The Project last night. I just lose it.

I've been reading heaps about birth and, because this is my first, some of it is freaking me out. The more I read I guess the better I feel but, wow, for something that's supposed to be natural, there's a lot of traumatic possibilities. I'm trying not to get caught up in the "what ifs".

How about everyone else? Those who are closer to due dates then me, how are you feeling about it all?
    This is going to be a busy thread over the next few months with baby announcements! I'm 34 weeks and just moving along with no issues. I kinda feel like its all going so smoothly when will something go wrong, but I felt the same with dd and it was pretty straight forward. I was shocked when I saw that on offspring the other night too, I've been trying to keep bad thoughts out though. I need to get my birth skills book out and freshen up, I found that really useful to understand what was happening in dd labour and the different coping methods. I suspect this bubba is not head down yet, definitely not engaged (dd didn't until they almost called off her induction) but have a scan next week to check out position and growth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Colbie, pretty good thanks how are you?
    Still having horrible pains (somehow intestinal nerve related, had them with the 3 babies prior) and lower bp but no significant health issues so can't complain too much. Still feeling my belly is really tight, something about the way I've carried this time is quite different, I just can't pin point it. Gets fairly uncomfy at times though.
    @Cat74, feeling like I can't wait to meet the baby, but also a bit nervous about labour and the after recovery. Guess because I know what I'm in for. I was so pumped for my first because not knowing is kinda blissful lol
    I did bounce back pretty well last time but I think I was just so much more confident during that pregnancy compared to this one. Really looking forward to that moment you see the baby for the first time because there is just nothing like it ever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It so exciting that you ladies are all so close to your due dates. That seems like a lifetime away for me!

I can't wait to see some beautiful bubbas not too long at all!

I'm just hanging about, my anxiety is quite high at the moment, getting close to when we lost DD2. We found out at 19 weeks that I had lost all my amniotic fluid. I'm 17 weeks on Thursday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

So glad to hear of everyone's pregnancies progressing well and very excited for all who have their due dates coming up soon.

29.5 weeks for me and I am loving being on maternity leave. Being able to spend quality time with my daughter is awesome and I feel like I have the time to do everything I want to do. Bought curtain material for the nursery today and ordered the wardrobe. Now I have to sort out the room and get everything out of it so that hubby can paint and we can then start to put it all together.

Had a tiny bit of spotting over the weekend so I took a day off from life and lay on the couch for the whole day. Nothing since then so it was probably just a reminder to slow down and take it a bit easier.

Good luck Little Ted and all the best for a safe arrival for your little one.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Meeksie80 For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (16-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Bluebirdgirl, I am so looking forward to meeting our little man...but not too soon. He's currently in oblique position so he's got to do some moving around to do yet. But, yes, I imagine that moment when you're holding them in your arms for the first time is pretty incredible. Makes me smile just thinking about it.

@French Pear, the time will go so quickly! It feels like just yesterday I was at that stage. I imagine the next couple of weeks will be a tense wait. I know I was very anxious in the lead up to the morphology scan at 19 weeks, and I can understand even more why you are. Thinking of you! Try to stay positive and do something nice for yourself.

@Meeksie80, glad the spotting was only short. And how good is it to not have the extra pressure of work?! I try to put my feet up for an hour or so each day. I just get so tired! Not sure if that's possible if you have another child, but slowing down is always good.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post:

French Pear  (16-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great to hear where you are all up to - it doesn't seem like that long ago that the thread was started!

Even at the end I tend to get a bit anxious about losing bub. We almost lost our first right at the end due to the placenta ceasing to work and waters gone. I think the only other thing I'm anxious about is having another pph.

I've missed the last two episodes of Offspring due to having guests - it's probably a good thing to miss at the moment from what you ladies have said.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (21-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Last night's episode was pretty funny, actually, but the one the week before - that scene and outcome just came totally left of field. I don't think anyone watching expected that! Ugh, heart wrenching.

Probably best to avoid. You can always catch up on it once bubba is born.

Thinking of you and looking forward to hearing your birth announcement very, very soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anniversary of our loss today :-( My mum was saying how a girl we know is pregnant and a friend of hers was complaining that she was whinging about her miscarriage and now she's whinging about being pregnant. I said to mum that I don't think it's easy to understand the anxiety that goes with a pregnancy after a loss and how it can take so much out of you it's hard to enjoy pregnancy the way people expect you to. I can't help but find myself wishing away the next 6 weeks to have baby in arms(I don't want a preemie and have lots still to do so just wanting time to fly rather than bubba come too early), I'm finding my anxiety levels rising as we get closer to the end and the anniversary of our loss is prob weighing heavier than I thought it would. Not sure dh even remembers, it is one of my good friends birthdays today so will always be a date I remember. He is busy at work today, not sure if I will remind him or not yet. But needed to have a little cry and you ladies seemed like my best place to chat to someone who understands.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Green Cheese hope you're feeling ok. Did your dh remember? Men aren't usually so good with dates huh.

I'm fighting getting too impatient too. I'm trying to remember that it's 6 weeks til due date and 3 of my babies went right to due date. I'd much prefer it to be 4 weeks to go.
    Its the anniversary of when I found out about my mmc on the 29th.
    I'm not sure how I'll feel, as I do feel that I've moved past most of that grief now, since being pregnant has kept me so focused on this baby.
    The lost pregnancy was not planned or even thought about at all, so it was a weird grief for me.

Whats your actual edd date? We must be days apart? Mine is the 28th. It still feels so long away

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdgirl View Post
    @Green Cheese hope you're feeling ok. Did your dh remember? Men aren't usually so good with dates huh.

I'm fighting getting too impatient too. I'm trying to remember that it's 6 weeks til due date and 3 of my babies went right to due date. I'd much prefer it to be 4 weeks to go.
    Its the anniversary of when I found out about my mmc on the 29th.
    I'm not sure how I'll feel, as I do feel that I've moved past most of that grief now, since being pregnant has kept me so focused on this baby.
    The lost pregnancy was not planned or even thought about at all, so it was a weird grief for me.

Whats your actual edd date? We must be days apart? Mine is the 28th. It still feels so long away
    No he didn't remember, but he did give me a big hug when I pointed it out. He was surprised it had been a whole year.

Dd was 8 days over so I've been trying to convince myself that this bub won't arrive until Sept, my edd is 27th August. But honestly if there was something minor that needed this bub to come early I'd be kinda happy. I've got a scan next week as I had retained placenta with dd and she was on the small side so I wanted them to check my placenta was holding out ok. Officially the Drs want to check growth and where the bub is sitting though. My fundal height has been measuring ahead but I'm pretty sure it was last time and she was only 25th percentile for weight(75th for length though).