Closed Thread
Page 74 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Cat74 my sil spelt it 'amon' for her boys middle name. Just a thought if you dont like the other spelling. Few ways you can do it

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat74 View Post
    @Bluebirdgirl, it's pronounced Ay-mon. You've answered a question of mine - will people know how to say it. There's an alternate spelling of Aemon, which might alleviate that problem, but I don't like to quite as much as the more common spelling.

The Irish names are lovely but can be so hard for people to say. We have a friend with a Cian, which is pronounced key-in. Not what you immediately think of.

My mother has also just thrown Tate into the mix - it was her father's middle name - and I quite like that as a potential middle name. I always thought he was Samuel (he died before I was born) but he was actually Simon, and everyone called him Sam. Weird!
    I thought that's how it was said. But yeh unless you're ok with correcting people, choose basic spelled names lol
    My daughter is Krysta, we used to get Krystal all the time. Uh yeh I just forget the L all the time? My other daughter is Adria and we say it as the long A sound ay but we've had add-ria. I know I'll be forever correcting for Viviana too as it's the ahna sound not Anna sound. Basically I think people will do it with any name that isn't really well known.
    Dont get me started on spelling! It took my mother in law 7 years to spell Krysta right!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdgirl View Post
    I thought that's how it was said. But yeh unless you're ok with correcting people, choose basic spelled names lol
    My daughter is Krysta, we used to get Krystal all the time. Uh yeh I just forget the L all the time? My other daughter is Adria and we say it as the long A sound ay but we've had add-ria. I know I'll be forever correcting for Viviana too as it's the ahna sound not Anna sound. Basically I think people will do it with any name that isn't really well known.
    Dont get me started on spelling! It took my mother in law 7 years to spell Krysta right!
    Ha, ha, I've been spelling and pronouncing my first name for people for as long as I could talk so I'm used to people not getting it first time around. I still get very weird variations. Love it when people have seen my name in an email or on paper and give me a call for the first time. It can be hilarious what they come up with.

I just wasn't sure how common Eamon was. I've heard of it a least a few times before but I don't think it makes it to the top 100 lists, and I kind of like that about it. My SS is Thomas and, as much as I love that name, he gets called by his surname because there are so many boys called Thomas in his grade. I'd like to avoid anything too common.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat74 View Post
    Ha, ha, I've been spelling and pronouncing my first name for people for as long as I could talk so I'm used to people not getting it first time around. I still get very weird variations. Love it when people have seen my name in an email or on paper and give me a call for the first time. It can be hilarious what they come up with.

I just wasn't sure how common Eamon was. I've heard of it a least a few times before but I don't think it makes it to the top 100 lists, and I kind of like that about it. My SS is Thomas and, as much as I love that name, he gets called by his surname because there are so many boys called Thomas in his grade. I'd like to avoid anything too common.
    I have the same problem but only when it's my full name. I know an Eamon so to me that sounds right, but we even had people ask if Piper was pronounced as Pippa. We don't know what we're having so haven't picked a definite name yet, I discuss the names we're thinking with some people. I like discussing names so its hard not to give it away lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's quiet in here. How is everyone?
    I just saw on another thread that Little Ted is due to have her baby like right now!
    Havent seen her on here in a bit, but I've got the right mama, right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdgirl View Post
    It's quiet in here. How is everyone?
    I just saw on another thread that Little Ted is due to have her baby like right now!
    Havent seen her on here in a bit, but I've got the right mama, right?
    Hey bluebird. I'm not sure about little ted. I am 34 weeks and so happy to have finished work! I had my anti-d injection this morning and then took DS for his 4yo vax. Then we had a play date with a day care friend. It's awesome being able to do these errands/spend time with DS without thinking about work!

How are you going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys...still here! Have been reading along but have had guests staying with us ready to look after our children so sometimes I only get on once every couple of days sometimes as I'm trying not to be rude. Have had some pre-labour but nothing that's sticking around - and good memory - bubs is due!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

Green Cheese  (15-07-2014),HollyGolightly81  (14-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    Hi guys...still here! Have been reading along but have had guests staying with us ready to look after our children so sometimes I only get on once every couple of days sometimes as I'm trying not to be rude. Have had some pre-labour but nothing that's sticking around - and good memory - bubs is due!
    Yay sounds like it will be happening soon for you as annoying as prelabour is, at least it's all helping toward the real thing.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Colbie For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (15-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    Have had some pre-labour but nothing that's sticking around - and good memory - bubs is due!
    Wow, exciting! Hope bubba makes a grand entrance soon and it all goes well. Let us know!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (15-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm doing well. 30 weeks yesterday! Emotions are running high though - things on TV are upsetting me - Offspring episode last week where the mother died in childbirth; drug addicted babies on The Project last night. I just lose it.

I've been reading heaps about birth and, because this is my first, some of it is freaking me out. The more I read I guess the better I feel but, wow, for something that's supposed to be natural, there's a lot of traumatic possibilities. I'm trying not to get caught up in the "what ifs".

How about everyone else? Those who are closer to due dates then me, how are you feeling about it all?