Closed Thread
Page 73 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbie View Post
    I think you are right about a 32 week growth spurt or something like that. I've just felt so weird all week! What are your Braxton hicks like? Are they just painless tightenings or more crampy?
    Yesterday the baby wedged something hard in a spot on my right side for over an hour and I think that set things off to begin with. I mostly get like irritable uterus where the braxton hicks are so close together it's almost like my stomach is hard constantly. They've been a bit more in my back though this last week.
    but mostly they are painless, just so uncomfy cos my tummy is pretty tight in general.

anyone else's baby like to wedge a knee or elbow? My fourth was like this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Meant to say too my girl will be cheeky and quiet sometimes too. So glad still that I have the Doppler.
    its a bit annoying when everyone seems a bit vague about your symptoms hey.
    I guess pregnancy just does weird things to us at times.
    Surprised they didn't take your temp though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdgirl View Post
    Yesterday the baby wedged something hard in a spot on my right side for over an hour and I think that set things off to begin with. I mostly get like irritable uterus where the braxton hicks are so close together it's almost like my stomach is hard constantly. They've been a bit more in my back though this last week.
    but mostly they are painless, just so uncomfy cos my tummy is pretty tight in general.

anyone else's baby like to wedge a knee or elbow? My fourth was like this.
    That's what mine are like, painless but my tummy goes rock hard. I also had some cramps low down at lunch time today but they've died down now. It felt like period pain. I'm going to try to stop reading so much into everything now though and just resign myself to the fact it's the third tri and my body is just getting ready.

No wedging of limbs yet for me though. Sounds super uncomfortable!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat74 View Post
    So glad to hear that your bubba has a good heartbeat. That must be a relief! Bed rest must be frustrating but if it gets you the end result of a healthy bubba then it is all worth it!

Did you love Game of Thrones? I thought ending to season 4 was a bit meh. The books are way better.

It is really reassuring that my GD dr is so onto it. Basically she has told me that from here on in she will most likely have to increase my doses on a weekly/fortnightly basis, because the hormones just continue to increase. About a week before the birth I'll have to ease off the insulin, otherwise there's a risk to me of having a "hypo" episode during the birth and to bubba being born with low blood sugar.

We don't have a nursery as we live in an apartment and bubba will be in a bassinet in our room for awhile. We'll move house next year when bubba is about 6 months old - I just couldn't take the extra stress of moving while pregnant and it didn't seem necessary.

In terms of names, we're a little unsure. Boys names are hard but we are thinking of calling him Eamon Samuel to fit with DH's Irish surname C ... y. We also like Patrick as a first name but after the popularity of Patrick on Offspring I just wonder if that name will become more common.

Does anyone else have baby names sorted out?
    I do love game of thrones but I felt season wasn't as exciting. I should start the books seeing as I'm on bed rest, just seems like a big task!

We had our DD in our room until she was 6 months, I was sad to put her in her own room, but she was too big for her Moses basket so it had to be done.

We have a boys name, it's one we have always had so it was a no brainer. I always struggle with girls names. I love Patrick from Offspring, it total makes me like the name more. There is a name thread going at the moment on BH with some more traditional boys names that aren't too common, there are some really cute ones on there, it could be worth a look.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Colbie how have you been feeling and how is bubba going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by French Pear View Post
    @Colbie how have you been feeling and how is bubba going?
    Yeah much better, thanks for thinking of me. It was a funny few days but she's been moving heaps recently and after getting monitored my anxiety about it went away by the way I've only read the first book of GOT so far but it was really good! I recommend it. At the moment all I'm reading is birth books though lol. One thing I really need to sit down and do is sort out photos on my phone/computer and get rid of crappy ones, put the good ones in folders, back them up etc. maybe something to do on bed rest if you are as disorganised with that kind of stuff as me?

As for names, yes ours is sorted! From the start her first name has been set, it's after DH's nanna who passed when he was 17. Her middle name took a little longer but pretty sure we are set now. I will share when she is born

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Cat74 I like both Eamon Samuel or Patrick Samuel. Or Eamon Patrick!

Patrick Samuel is probably my favourite.

I don't watch Offspring, I don't think it would be a big deal at all though.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Colbie For This Useful Post:

Cat74  (06-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Speaking of names, who shares with family and friends before the baby is born?
    We always find out the gender and always share the name. I'm not into surprises, is it obvious? Lol however I wouldn't have a 3/4 d ultrasound even if I could because I don't want to know what the baby might look like.

Our girls name is Viviana Lynette. All of my kids have family names for a middle name, as do myself and my husband actually. This time it's after my aunty who was like my second mum growing up.
    Everyone has said it's a really pretty name and that's been nice but honestly people's opinions don't bother me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Colbie great that you're feeling better.
    @Cat74 how do you pronounce Eamon? I'm so bad at pronouncing Irish names.
    One of my sons is Rian, which we say as Ryan, but my Irish friend says as Reean.
    When I see names like Niamh and Siobhan which is my friends name I have to so consciously think not to read it as it sounds. My friend called her daughter saoirse, gosh that took a while to read right but such a pretty name.
    My Irish heritage is the only one I really wish to identity with

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Bluebirdgirl, it's pronounced Ay-mon. You've answered a question of mine - will people know how to say it. There's an alternate spelling of Aemon, which might alleviate that problem, but I don't like to quite as much as the more common spelling.

The Irish names are lovely but can be so hard for people to say. We have a friend with a Cian, which is pronounced key-in. Not what you immediately think of.

My mother has also just thrown Tate into the mix - it was her father's middle name - and I quite like that as a potential middle name. I always thought he was Samuel (he died before I was born) but he was actually Simon, and everyone called him Sam. Weird!