Closed Thread
Page 72 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi folks, I thought I'd pop my head in and see how everyone was going.
    @French Pear, @Riri, thinking of you both! Hopefully your subsequent scans bring good news!

I'm 28w2d today. We had a growth scan last week and bubba is in the average size range. OB and GD dr are happy with the way things are progressing. The surge of hormones around 28 weeks has meant my insulin dosages have had to be increased to keep my blood sugar stable but apparently that is a perfectly normal thing so I'm not concerned. I'm just thankful GD dr has been mentally preparing me for this increase since I was first diagnosed, otherwise I know I'd be completely freaking out.

Bubba is in the breach position at the moment, again perfectly normal for this stage, so we'll have to wait and see where he's at at the 36-week scan to finalise delivery details. OB will take him out at 37/38 weeks because of my GD, asthma, age, blood pressure, etc so I feel like I don't have that long to go now.

Like the rest of you, I've found it very difficult to get excited during this pregnancy. I'm trying to enjoy it but there's still a small part of me that worries about everything. Even before the scan last week I was concerned about what they were going to tell me. Thankfully, everything was fine. I'm really looking forward to meeting bubba in a couple of months time. It all becomes real then. ATM, it still feels too early to feel totally confident of the outcome, although I'm trying to be as positive as possible. I'm so grateful for bubba's kicks/movements. It kind of puts my mind at ease that he's in there bumping around and doing OK. I'm even trying to be appreciative of it when he wakes me up in the middle of the night with a wallop.

I'm not too uncomfortable yet but give me a few more weeks and I'm sure I'll feel differently...
    @Colbie, are you feeling any better today? There are some horrible bugs going around. Fingers crossed it passes quickly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Colbie I hope you're feeling better.

I've got my 32 week appt tomorrow, hopefully my blood results are back. When I had the bloods with gd test the dr said my iron levels were on the higher side so she wanted to test it again. My iron levels were on the higher side before the miscarriage too so she thought it was worth checking. I've had a crappy cold for the last two weeks now and my pelvic floor is not coping well. Hubby looks like he has caught hand foot and mouth from dd which is super rare for an adult. I'm getting so tired after we've done much, so exhausting chasing dd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Copying & pasting from another thread

Well after vomiting the night before last and having some weird pains on the top of my bump, yesterday I barely felt her move and was getting quite worried so ended up going in for monitoring and everything was totally fine. Still getting occasional bump pains and feeling a bit 'off' but the doctors/midwives can't explain it and weren't too concerned. Apparently her dropping down is not a concern at all. So although it was reassuring to hear her heartbeat and know everything is fine with her, I don't really have any answers for the rest of the stuff, just third trimester fun I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Let us know how your iron levels go @Green Cheese

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad all is well @Colbie.
    I felt terrible yesterday, ibs was playing up. Had tons of braxton hicks last night and felt sore. I remember feeling crappy at 32wks last time, it must be some growth spurt thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @greencheese I'm so jealous for all your tidying, throwing out and rearranging. I would love to be doing that right now! The nesting bug is out in force. How is the nursery coming along? When do you find out about your iron levels?

@Colbie you poor thing! Do they think its a bug or pregnancy related? Has the baby still dropped or have things moved back up again? Did they check your cervix? Has the babe been moving around much again? Hope all is well.

@Cat74 its great your GD doctor is so onto it, must be very reassuring. Are there any more anticipated surges before the birth? My OB is also going to deliver me at 37/38 weeks as well. I went 10 days over with DD1 and had a great labour but I know that I will be too anxious this time. Have you done the nursery and picked names?

AFM - I had a scan with my OB today, he told me that our baby has a beautiful heartbeat and things are looking good, my clot is still there but is getting smaller in the scheme of everything else growing. Measuring a couple of days ahead, which also comforts me. I'm really starting to move into anxiety land. 5 weeks till 20 weeks, it feels very far away. I am dying to get over the 20 week milestone as it has too many bad memories for me from when we lost DD2. Bed rest is getting frustrating as I feel awful not being able to do things for DD1, but I am able to work from my bed/lounge office so it does pass the time. I'm about to start watching Orange is the New Black, as I have finished Game of Thrones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by French Pear View Post
    @Cat74 its great your GD doctor is so onto it, must be very reassuring. Are there any more anticipated surges before the birth? My OB is also going to deliver me at 37/38 weeks as well. I went 10 days over with DD1 and had a great labour but I know that I will be too anxious this time. Have you done the nursery and picked names?

AFM - I had a scan with my OB today, he told me that our baby has a beautiful heartbeat and things are looking good, my clot is still there but is getting smaller in the scheme of everything else growing. Measuring a couple of days ahead, which also comforts me. I'm really starting to move into anxiety land. 5 weeks till 20 weeks, it feels very far away. I am dying to get over the 20 week milestone as it has too many bad memories for me from when we lost DD2. Bed rest is getting frustrating as I feel awful not being able to do things for DD1, but I am able to work from my bed/lounge office so it does pass the time. I'm about to start watching Orange is the New Black, as I have finished Game of Thrones.
    So glad to hear that your bubba has a good heartbeat. That must be a relief! Bed rest must be frustrating but if it gets you the end result of a healthy bubba then it is all worth it!

Did you love Game of Thrones? I thought ending to season 4 was a bit meh. The books are way better.

It is really reassuring that my GD dr is so onto it. Basically she has told me that from here on in she will most likely have to increase my doses on a weekly/fortnightly basis, because the hormones just continue to increase. About a week before the birth I'll have to ease off the insulin, otherwise there's a risk to me of having a "hypo" episode during the birth and to bubba being born with low blood sugar.

We don't have a nursery as we live in an apartment and bubba will be in a bassinet in our room for awhile. We'll move house next year when bubba is about 6 months old - I just couldn't take the extra stress of moving while pregnant and it didn't seem necessary.

In terms of names, we're a little unsure. Boys names are hard but we are thinking of calling him Eamon Samuel to fit with DH's Irish surname C ... y. We also like Patrick as a first name but after the popularity of Patrick on Offspring I just wonder if that name will become more common.

Does anyone else have baby names sorted out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdgirl View Post
    Glad all is well @Colbie.
    I felt terrible yesterday, ibs was playing up. Had tons of braxton hicks last night and felt sore. I remember feeling crappy at 32wks last time, it must be some growth spurt thing.
    I think you are right about a 32 week growth spurt or something like that. I've just felt so weird all week! What are your Braxton hicks like? Are they just painless tightenings or more crampy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dr appt went great, although she didn't have the results of my blood test. My next appt is in two weeks, so I guess if there is an issue I will get a call to go in. Everything else is all normal, I kinda feel like I'm waiting for something to go wrong but dd pregnancy was much the same and everything just ticked along naturally. Got a referral for an ultrasound at 35 weeks to check placenta, growth and position. Dr doesn't give much away regarding where she thinks bub might be positioned, I have a feeling not in the right spot though lol. So will continue just plodding along for now, I've had a few little moments of anxiety about labour mainly the going into labour part and the afterwards as my placenta refused to detach with dd and I ended up with a general in theatre to have that removed. Just have to remind myself that I wasn't at all traumatized when it all happened so there's no need to start now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by French Pear View Post
    @Colbie you poor thing! Do they think its a bug or pregnancy related? Has the baby still dropped or have things moved back up again? Did they check your cervix? Has the babe been moving around much again? Hope all is well.

She has moved lots today so she was obviously just being cheeky!! They didn't check my cervix or even my temperature and I told them I'd been having hot flushes... They were really lovely in regards to the baby's movements and monitoring her, but in terms of the pains, vomiting etc they just brushed it off a little. To me, at 32 weeks it's not exactly run of the mill to vomit for a few hours for absolutely no reason but who knows!! Baby is still low, they didn't tell me how engaged they just said it was fine?

I am so glad you had a great scan with a perfect hb!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Colbie For This Useful Post:

French Pear  (06-07-2014)