Closed Thread
Page 71 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @French PearI will be thinking of you next week at your 16 week scan- I imagine that will be quite stressful for you - but a huge relief if everything is ok at that one.

How long are you on bed rest for?

I am ok but have been on a bit of a roller coaster ride. At what should have been 7 weeks I had a scan showing 5w3d and no HB. Given when I got a +hpt the doc thought prob a miscarriage and sent me for another scan to check 6 days later. Second scan showed 6w1d and a HB of 104. Growth is borderline and HB is borderline so for now we are being 'cautiously optimistic'. I go for another scan next week and will have fortnightly scans for a while to check progress.

The doctor was surprised that bub is hanging in there for now and said it can go either way. We are hopeful that the growth and HB is a good sign and all will be well. We should have a better idea after next weeks scan.

I hope bed rest is not making you too stir crazy
    Last edited by Riri; 01-07-2014 at 17:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by French Pear View Post
    @Riri I'm on bed rest but things seem to be going ok. 15 weeks this Thursday. I see my OB twice a week for monitoring. How are you going?

How are all the 30 week ladies going @greencheese @Colbie @Bluebirdgirl and who have I missed?? There are a few of you now.. Do you feel like the end is in sight and you will soon get to meet these bubbas? God I can't wait to be at that stage of holding our baby.
    @Bluebirdgirl how are you feeling? I'm a paranoid pregnant person too, so I feel for you.

I'm still on bed rest but my spotting has finally eased, still about but more like discoloured CM (sorry TMI) seeing my OB twice a week for scans and have a big scan at 16 weeks to check on everything possible as we are getting into the stage now where things started going wrong with DD2 before we lost her.
    Almost 32 weeks, feeling a bit impatient! But going ok thanks I need to buy just about everything, been waiting for tax time, so that will keep me busy over the next few weeks of this month.
    Honestly I still have moments when I tell myself everything is going to be ok. I'm a little bit daunted about giving birth, people seem to think if I've done it five times already it's like second nature but it's not to me! Every experience is a new one. Some days it feels super close, especially when I think of what I need to get, and I have my daughters birthday this month and mine before the due date next month, but it feels as if 8 weeks is ages away too.

glad to hear your spotting is easing. I had unexplained bleeding with my first and it finally stopped at 16 weeks.
    lots of positive thoughts to you, hope once you're last those points of worry everything goes really smoothly ((hugs))

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Riri, hope the time passes fast for you and soon you know everything is going to be ok. I had a scan at 5w 3d with my 3rd and there wasn't even a fetal pole. I had to wait two weeks to go back to see if it was going to be viable. 2 weeks later she was there with a strong heartbeat.
    It's great you are able to keep track of your progress.
    Was that first scan internal? Do you have a tipped uterus at all?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bluebirdgirl it sounds like you have a busy 8 weeks ahead of you

Yes both scans were internal. No one has mentioned a tilted uterus just that they are having trouble seeing with the abdominal scan and need to do a TV scan.

I think I am lucky that my doctor wants to watch it so closely rather than just sending me away to stress about it. It definitely helps. I wish he would just tell me it will all be ok but I get why he can't. I felt a bit sorry for the tech at the u/s - my hubby said it was like I thought she was a magic 8 ball and I was trying to shake her for answers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Riri yeh we just got a new kitten today too so that's keeping me plenty busy with small children! Poor kitten.

I really hope everything works out perfectly for you. Having a proactive dr helping you though is a real blessing. At least you can be slightly cautious while you monitor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bluebirdgirl Shopping will definitely keep you occupied over the next few weeks. How fun! I think birth is scary no matter how many times you have done it, there are always unknowns and I'm sure every labour and birth is different. Maybe having your birthday and your daughter's plus the shopping will make the next few weeks fly by for you and you will have that beautiful bubba in your arms in no time.

@riri hang on in there little bubba! Have you had some new bloods taken to check what your HCG levels are at? How stressful for you. I really hope next week's scan brings you good news. The waiting and not knowing is the worst. I will be thinking of you. How are you coping with it? What day is your scan? I'm on bed rest until well I don't actually have an end date in sight as yet. We will probably re-evaluate maybe after I hit 20 weeks as that's when we lost DD2 last time.

Even after seeing my OB for a scan today I'm still anxious
    I don't think I will be able to enjoy this pregnancy at all. I really hope that I will be able to. Once the spotting is completely gone, and my clot has cleared up that will be once less thing to worry about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    French pear and riri I'm thinking of you both and hoping that everything goes along smoothly from here.

I'm 32 weeks tomorrow and everything going along smoothly. Think bubba has turned around as I'm getting less movements but as nesting bug has hit hard I've barely been sitting to notice movement anyway. My house is like a construction zone with boxes of rubbish and the whole pool table covered in stuff to sell or donate. We decided to set up the spare room for dd and make the nursery up for bubba, but also need to move the little couch out of our room so the bassinet can be set up. The couch is currently covered in dirty clothes though. The spare room is half sorted now, and I have also managed to clear out the laundry cupboard and some tidying of the shed as well as the study (prob the worst room in the house) which were completely unnecessary jobs but didn't feel like it at the time lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh French pear, I'd be going crazy on bed rest. All the best for the 16 week scan, hopefully everything is perfect.

Bluebird, I know what you mean about bring anxious, although this is only my second, the pregnancies have just been SO different and I feel like a first timer again!

Riri the hb is such a good sign, hope all goes well from here.

I'm 32 weeks now. On the weekend the baby dropped and I'm now super uncomfortable! My gp confirmed I'm 2/5 engaged yesterday. Although apparently subsequent bubs can pop in and out. But I'm getting cervix pain, low heavy uncomfortable feelings and just general tightness. The tightenings/Braxton hicks are so annoying, they feel almost constant, they are painless though. Is anyone else really uncomfortable already? Not looking forward to 8 more weeks of this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well no wonder I was so cranky last night, I was sick as well and vomited about 5 or 6 times! What is going on

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no @Colbie. Are you ok? You sounded like you were having pre labour and then you were sick!
    My second and third babies started to engage from 29/30 weeks, never popped back out! Not sure where that info came from but usually 2/5 engaged they won't go anywhere but down from that. I wish my baby would engage some. My last didn't and then I had a week of solid pre labour moving him down that was pretty rough. Starting to think I might be in for it again because my baby is swimming around like an octopus! I guess my 9lb 6oz fourth child stretched things out pretty well in there!
    I've had the severe stabbing cervix pains for the last two weeks randomly. Really wicked this time, I think our bodies get so sensitive after a few babies have been through. Considering she's not anywhere near engaging, I don't know what causes it, but it's not the baby's head!
    I think I felt worse 8 weeks ago actually. Maybe I'm just used to being like I swallowed a watermelon now.
    I didn't get uncomfortable at all til that last week with my last baby, so it's definitely the engaging that brings the discomfort.