Closed Thread
Page 67 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbie View Post
    That's 5 weeks til mat leave, another 6 after that til edd!

My birth plan, well I'm having another homebirth, hopefully in water again too. I am on the community midwifery program with a great midwife and have also booked a gorgeous doula who is teaching me some hypnobirthing techniques. I'm getting very excited to birth! I've been reading lots and watching videos!

I'm glad bubs is staying strong in there! Congrats on a baby girl!
    Wow a home birth! That's impressive i think i would be too scared to homebirth but I think if I had a great midwife and a great oula it would make me feel a lot more confident.

I was excited to experience birth with DD1 and read Birth Skills which I think enabled me to have a drug free natural labour (mine was in hospital). How was your first birth?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I recommend that book to everyone I know. My labour wasn't drug free but considering it was induced and lasted 4 hrs from waters broken to babe in arms I was still impressed with just gas.

So far I'm not sure what happens with high iron. She initially was just going to retest it at 36 weeks but I know it was high when it was tested before the mc so she decided to test sooner instead. Having another test is mainly to rule out any other conditions, one i looked up that she mentioned said it could be increased risk of gd or pre eclampsia, which i dont have signs of either. I was also slightly dehydrated in the test so wants me to do without fasting just to confirm that's not an issue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by French Pear View Post
    Wow a home birth! That's impressive i think i would be too scared to homebirth but I think if I had a great midwife and a great oula it would make me feel a lot more confident.

I was excited to experience birth with DD1 and read Birth Skills which I think enabled me to have a drug free natural labour (mine was in hospital). How was your first birth?
    I read birth skills the first time around too. I thought it was pretty good. Right back at you, I think your hospital birth is impressive- majority of hospy births have some kind of intervention these days. Not always a bad thing of course, but it's definitely against the norm to have no interventions so well done.

My first birth was really good. It was very long, so I was exhausted by the end and kinda lost my focus and ability to breathe through the contractions etc. By the second stage I was roaring hehe. Didn't help it was a posterior labour! But I got the water birth I wanted and caught DS and brought him to my chest. It was so nice to be at home. I chose to hb cause I really wanted a water birth and at that stage in WA there wasn't any hospitals that I could definitely/legally do that in. So I started looking into hb and I realised it was the right choice for me!

The only thing I want to do differently this time is maintain that focus more, especially as my DS (just turned 4) will more than likely see me in labour. So those reasons are why I hired my lovely doula

Thanks
    Reviews
    Four hours green cheese! I can only hope!!! DS was 26 hours. I am hoping for at least half that this time around

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Can I join in here? I am just trying to stay sane! I am 5 weeks pregnant today. I had a missed miscarriage at 11.5 weeks in Aug 2012 and then waited over a year to ttc again. I then found out I was preg just after Christmas but had a natural mc at 7 weeks at the end of jan this year.

I had some tests done - just basic bloods looking for clotting disorders- there were none thank goodness. They did find positive Ana and anti DS DNA but they were low positives and unlikely to indicate active lupus.

I am trying to stay positive and stay In the moment but every now and then (like right now) my anxiety gets the best of me and I stress about whether this is going to stick. I have a 5 yo DS so I know I can have a baby however he has a different bio father and sometimes that adds to my doubt - what if my hubby and I are incompatible for baby making?

I am hopeful that the 2 mc were just bad luck and this time will be different. I just wish I could fast forward a few weeks and know for sure.

How do you all stay sane during the first tri?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Riri View Post
    Hi ladies

Can I join in here? I am just trying to stay sane! I am 5 weeks pregnant today. I had a missed miscarriage at 11.5 weeks in Aug 2012 and then waited over a year to ttc again. I then found out I was preg just after Christmas but had a natural mc at 7 weeks at the end of jan this year.

I had some tests done - just basic bloods looking for clotting disorders- there were none thank goodness. They did find positive Ana and anti DS DNA but they were low positives and unlikely to indicate active lupus.

I am trying to stay positive and stay In the moment but every now and then (like right now) my anxiety gets the best of me and I stress about whether this is going to stick. I have a 5 yo DS so I know I can have a baby however he has a different bio father and sometimes that adds to my doubt - what if my hubby and I are incompatible for baby making?

I am hopeful that the 2 mc were just bad luck and this time will be different. I just wish I could fast forward a few weeks and know for sure.

How do you all stay sane during the first tri?
    Sorry for your losses and lots of hope for a sticky bub this time.

I'm definitely not sane at all and I'm 11weeks. I don't think I will have any sanity left if I get lucky enough to give birth to a healthy baby.

I take it one day at a time and even then I'm having issues with this pregnancy already so it is a struggle for me.

I think once you get past the point of your last loss a fraction of the anxiety will ease but I don't know if you ever get that feeling back of your pregnancy naivety (my first pregnancy I was so blasé it was a perfect pregnancy). I'm with the same partner for all pregnancies and my DD2 was still born at 20 weeks due to loss of amniotic fluid and I'm pregnant again and I'm high risk with a massive bleed last week and new spotting this week - so for me, the dad hasn't been the issue.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to French Pear For This Useful Post:

Riri  (08-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm back on rest again, my hiatus off the couch was short lived. I've had some brown spotting/brown discharge since Friday but no cramping or pains, so I'm just resting and taking it easy. I see my OB on Tuesday for a scan, as per usual.

I'm hoping the spotting is old blood from my bleed last week but the sonographer did say my placenta is low lying and I think that can cause bleeding too?

I'm at the stage of wondering if I'm going to even make it to 12 weeks.. And I hate thinking lie that but it's hard not too at the moment.

Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi French Pear, thank you for your kind words. I hope that the bed rest helps and your scan on Tuesday completely puts your mind at ease.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Riri For This Useful Post:

French Pear  (10-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by French Pear View Post
    I'm back on rest again, my hiatus off the couch was short lived. I've had some brown spotting/brown discharge since Friday but no cramping or pains, so I'm just resting and taking it easy. I see my OB on Tuesday for a scan, as per usual.

I'm hoping the spotting is old blood from my bleed last week but the sonographer did say my placenta is low lying and I think that can cause bleeding too?

I'm at the stage of wondering if I'm going to even make it to 12 weeks.. And I hate thinking lie that but it's hard not too at the moment.

Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend
    Thinking of you French Pear...really hoping everything will all work out and your bub is a healthy, sticky little fighter bound for earth.
    Take care x

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinkblue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Welcome @Riri. It is hard to stay sane in those early days. I certainly wasn't! It got easier after the mc date had passed and with each scan. But I was very anxious for a long time.
    @French Pear, hope you are OK. Have you got some good books/TV/movies to try and take your mind off it? Good luck for tomorrow. Hope you get some peace of mind from your OB.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post: