Closed Thread
Page 64 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats on a boy Michelle. Dd had a big head and I think this one does too from what the sonographer said at the scan, but so does dh so I'm not surprised. And I managed a vaginal birth with dd with only a small tear so not expecting it will cause any issues.

I was induced with dd but I was already 8 days over due and 1cm dilated but she hadnt dropped and my bp was getting just a tad too high. We almost got booked in for a c section that morning as they won't break waters if bub is too high and we were fine with that, then at the last check by the ob to finalize that decision she had dropped down so waters broken, drip in and 4 hours later she was in our arms.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Green Cheese For This Useful Post:

michellek  (28-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations @michellek very exciting! Yay team blue is your DD excited to be having a baby brother?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to French Pear For This Useful Post:

michellek  (28-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks ladies, I'm so excited for cute little overalls!

Bluebird - Your hunch was right!

I think dd was pretty average, 35.5cm but I don't know what she was at scan time. She is a replica of me though, if this little boy has taken more than just a Y chromosome from his daddy, well...sorry dh...but he has a big head so I shouldn't be suprised. When I looked through the scan photos, the circumference is ok, its the bpd measurement (width) but he was sitting so awkwardly so it could have been the angle too.

Frenchpear - I think dd is a bit too young to comprehend but she was so funny in the scan. The guy turned on the sound so we could hear the hb and as pipes up "baby, baby!" at the top of her lungs. Yes, her favourite past time is be listening to the Doppler a couple of times a week

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    At the hospital having my Glucose Tolerance Test, bored out of my brain! Being a homebirthing mama I didn't have to have it, but I thought I may as well. I forgot how long it takes though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have mine next week @Colbie. I haven't done it with my last two pregnancies, but seeing as I'm nearly 35 I thought I better this time. I'm not looking forward to it. I hate sweet drinks at the best of times. And I have to go alone. I hope all the sugar doesn't trip me out. Thinking of taking my eldest daughter for company but don't know if they will let her in when they take the blood.
    @michellek boys are so much adorableness. It's taken a bit to get into the groove of looking at girls stuff again after two boys in a row. I think this girl will be more of a tom boy like I was, seeing the next sibling up is a boy and he will be very interested in playing together. Plus I'm way over pink, trying to avoid it lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    My gtt is Tuesday next week. Not particularly looking forward to it, I've arranged for my in laws to take dd for the morning so I don't have to chase her around since you're supposed to stay relatively still. Just hoping at this stage I don't vomit as I've still been feeling rather nauseous if I'm not eating enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same @Green Cheese. I get light headed and dizzy easily as well. Good thing I'm used to eating a lot of sugar though lol
    I hope I pass, there is no way I can fast and do one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    They sent me straight for fasting test so yep no eating. Hopefully I pass, it's hard enough to eat at the moment as I'm really off food.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh bummer.
    funny though, 16 years ago when I had my son, there was only the one hour fasting test. I remember I went up as soon as I woke up and I was so starving.
    I've got the one hour with no sweet things before.

any reason you think you're off food @Green Cheese?
    I get random nausea thankfully not to bad, but never had it with my others.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was the same in the second tri with dd, I just look in the fridge or at the shops and food just doesn't appeal to me. All the can't eats don't help either as I think oh I really shouldn't have this or that. If hubby makes a decision on what we're eating I can usually make something but otherwise I just procrastinate over it until I'm starving and then just end up with an easy (usually not particularly healthy) fix and usually fairly bland. Like its 1.30 and I haven't had lunch yet cause I don't want anything I have here.