Closed Thread
Page 63 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome @FuddyMum sorry for your loss. Lovely news about your lil rainbow.
    Will you have a reassurance scan soon?
    Of all the first tri losses I've read about so many of us lose the lil one in the 7th week.
    I know how you feel passing this week coming up, stay positive.
    Wishing you a happy healthy pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdgirl View Post
    Welcome @FuddyMum sorry for your loss. Lovely news about your lil rainbow.
    Will you have a reassurance scan soon?
    Of all the first tri losses I've read about so many of us lose the lil one in the 7th week.
    I know how you feel passing this week coming up, stay positive.
    Wishing you a happy healthy pregnancy
    Thanks Bluebirdgirl I have read numerous times about losses around 7 weeks to I wonder if there is something behind it formation wise. I had a scan at 4.6 weeks as I had terrible stomach pain and needed to rule out ectopic should have another one in a couple of weeks for confirmed dates. I am meant to go get some bloods to to make sure the hcg is on the rise. Will do that next week. Can't wait to see a nice strong heart beat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bluebirdgirl another little girl - congrats yes I'll find out the gender, I have a need to know as much as possible this time around. I'm having the NIPT testing done next week and apparently that can tell you the sex, the results should be back in time for my NT testing. Although, I'm not thinking that far ahead, just week by week, it's all I can do. Great to hear you are having a good pregnancy, I had a great pregnancy with DD1 but with DD2 it was so hard, I suppose that added to my feeling that something wasn't right. So you will have 6 kids is that right? Wow, that's impressive, you must be very organised! I struggle with getting one organised

It's amazing that we all had "that feeling" that things were a bit off isn't it...

@michellek my DD1 was 2 in Feb, our girls are very close! I assume that this one is a girl as well, we have already had 2 so odds are on a girl. Not too long until you find out, can't wait to hear which it is I'm not planning on announcing this pregnancy, I have told my mothers group as they have been amazing for me getting through the loss of DD2 and I was glad I did, their reactions were lovely and I started to cry when I told them and they did too but it was a really happy moment I will remember. I think after the losses that would definitely increase your anxiety, none of us have the luxury to go through a pregnancy without knowing loss and heartache but hopefully once we get to a certain point, the anxiety will lessen enough so the joy and amazement of growing a human can creep through (this is what I keep telling myself as if I think about being pregnant too much, it freaks me out going on what happened with DD2).

@Cat74 congrats on your little boy I feel like having GD thrown at your would have definitely increased your anxiety as well as those scares early on. Will the GD stay the whole pregnancy? Is the diet terrible or just being more careful about what's eat? It's such a relief having healthcare professionals who actually care about you as a person, when we were doing fertility treatment before DD1 I had a FS who were just a number too, I still can't believe I was silly enough to waste my time and money on him. If I don't feel comfortable with a healthcare professional straight up, I move along now. No point paying someone to look after you who doesn't actually care. My OB's great and I'm lucky he doesn't charge me for my weekly scan appointments either. He has told me I can come more if I need to. It has helped my anxiety (slightly) knowing he expects to see me so often and I'm not a pregnant psycho lady who is freaking out

@Nikita333 good luck with your morph scan will you find out the gender?

@FuddyMum sorry for your loss but congrats on your pregnancy. Are you going in for a scan soon to ease your anxiety since you are at the same stage as your loss last time? I'm 9.5 weeks so we are not too far apart

AFM - I'm due on Christmas Day with this babe (fingers crossed) but I think I will plan to have a caesar as early as I can at 37/38 weeks. I had natural deliveries with both my girls and the thought of a caesar scares me, but it's the safest choice for the baby and I'm way too jaded now to risk it. My pregnancy symptoms are still minimal apart from my belly which is definitely noticeable already, but I think because I had DD2 in December and being pregnant again my stomach muscles haven't had time to strengthen up. I'm taking the bigger belly as a good sign.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Welcome @FuddyMum! Hope this pregnancy goes smoothly for you.
    @French Pear, yes the GD will stay will me for the whole pregnancy. My dr has prepared me for it getting worse in the third trimester when there's another surge in pregnancy hormones. GD usually settles as soon as the placenta is delivered but can hang a around for a few days/weeks depending on settling hormones. It can also mean myself and bubba are more prone to getting type 2 diabetes later in our lives. But if we look after ourselves with good diet and exercise hopefully we can avoid that.

I had a good diet to begin with - lots of vegetables, lean meats, legumes, etc, not many carbs though. The hardest thing I've found is increasing the number of carbs I have to eat. They make me feel a bit heavy in general but I have to have some with each meal and snack.

Dr has told me he doesn't want to leave bubba in there too long and will probably induce/caesar at 37/38 weeks. I'm leaning towards the caesar option but I think I need to do a bit more reading. Induction if it goes right sounds OK but from what I've read a lot end up in emergency caesar, and I don't want that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @cat74 I had a natural drug free labour with DD1 but it was spontaneous I didn't want to be induced, I was 10 days over with her, I'll admit she was a bit bigger than expected and did get stuck but the recovery was no biggy. I'm a bit scared about having a caesar, well petrified, but I really think I am going to go down that road. I too have to do more research into it, but I just can't run any risks this time around after loosing DD2 I'm just too scared.

I would find increasing carbs difficult as well, I don't really eat a lot of them and if your not used to eating a lot you would definitely feel a bit heavier for having to have them with each meal/snack. I hope the GD doesn't give you too much trouble in the 3rd trimester. FX.

I have a check with my OB tomorrow morning for a quick scan, then I'm doing the NIPT testing on Thursday, which is just a BT. Did anyone have it done???

I'm feeling a bit better emotionally now that May is practically over. That was DD2's due date and it has been a hard month, especially with a lot of babies due at this time, I have given up FB and Insty when we lost DD2, which I think has helped me a lot to not be bombarded with peoples announcements, photos etc. Don't get me wrong, I am happy for them but it just makes me even sadder for me.

Have a great Monday said no one ever ha ha

Thanks
    Reviews
    French Pear, how was your appt today?
    do you mind if I ask why they suggest section safer for your baby? Is it to do with fluid levels etc? I have had all spontaneous births, if I had to choose section over induction I think I'd choose section because I'd be afraid of what might happen during induction. Though the thought of recovering from a section horrifies me much more than the actual procedure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdgirl View Post
    French Pear, how was your appt today?
    do you mind if I ask why they suggest section safer for your baby? Is it to do with fluid levels etc? I have had all spontaneous births, if I had to choose section over induction I think I'd choose section because I'd be afraid of what might happen during induction. Though the thought of recovering from a section horrifies me much more than the actual procedure.
    All good thanks @Bluebirdgirl measuring ahead at 10 weeks.

With regards to the Caesar I haven't discussed with my OB yet but my GP said she did a lot of research when she had each of her girls and said she found a Caesar is the safest option for the baby - not necessarily the mother. In saying that she choose to have natural deliveries.

The thought of the procedure and aftermath scare the bejesus out of me, but due to my history I'm thinking I won't be able to relax enough during labour to give it a real go again... I think I will be stressing out the whole time that "something" will happen to the baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Looks like a little brother on board! All looked ok, his (not so) little head is measuring a couple of weeks ahead in circumference but with not off the graph. All other measurements were good, will be up to the Dr whether they want a growth scan down the track

Yeayy!

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Michelle!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Colbie For This Useful Post:

michellek  (28-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on your boy Michelle! My hunch was correct
    did your dd have a bigger head? Ivd got two that had bigger than average heads and I myself had one as a baby lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluebirdgirl For This Useful Post:

michellek  (28-05-2014)