Closed Thread
Page 62 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies

I'm wondering if I can join? I'm 9 weeks pregnant after my DD2 was born sleeping at 20 weeks due to PROM. This babe is due 5 days after DD2 was born. I'm absolutely terrified but a teeny tiny bit excited and hopeful. It's definitely taken the enjoyment out of pregnancy but I'm hoping once I get further along I will be able to try and relax.

Sorry to read about your losses and sending so many sticky vibes out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi French Pear congratulations on your rainbow.
    So sorry to read about your loss.
    I've seen you around bh.
    This was the first forum I came to on hb looking to connect with mums who understood how I felt being pregnant again.
    I'm 26 weeks with our rainbow after a mmc last July.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluebirdgirl For This Useful Post:

French Pear  (24-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Welcome French pear and congrats on your pregnancy. I agree, the excitement and naivety is stripped after you go through heartache.

19wks here this weekend and have my morph scan booked for Tuesday. I'm hopeful they can show us the gender as well - not that either of us are bothered, we just want a healthy baby - but it would be nice to refer to them as he or she rather than they or it. It would be nice to start talking to dd about her little 'sister' or 'brother' as well (although baby is much easier for her to say than brother/sister!)

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to michellek For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Welcome French Pear! Hold on to that hope and excitement. I've found with each scan and doctor's appointment I've felt better about this pregnancy. More than halfway now, which I can hardly believe.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the welcome ladies. I'm sorry for your losses as well

@Cat74 congrats on getting to half way! Do you know what your having?

@michellek I bet your excited for Tuesday. Any inklings on what your having? I have a DD as well, she is 2 and a bit. How old is your DD?

@Bluebirdgirl 26 weeks! I can't wait to get close to that date this time around, I hate wishing away my pregnancy but I can't wait to be well past the point when I lost DD2. Did you find out find out the sex? How have you been feeling?

I'm on weekly visits with my OB now, so I do get to have a scan each time, I see him before his clinic starts each Tuesday, luckily I like him this pregnancy is the complete opposite to my others I'm hoping maybe the pregnancy gods have gone easy on me and its all a good sign, when I was pregnant with DD2 I just had that feeling that something wasn't quite right, but felt like an idiot even vocalising it. This time I'm feeling quietly excited but also petrified something like that will happen again, but I suppose that's to be expected.

Did you find after you got past the point of your loss last time you were able to enjoy the pregnancy or you still hold a lot of anxiety?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @French Pear
    Having my third girl, that will be 3 of each. I haven't had a girl for 7.5 years so it's pretty exciting.
    I'm having a healthy normal pregnancy, been blessed I have each time. Have been pretty tired at times I think due to low bp, which I've never had before but it's been consistently low since about 12 weeks.
    I felt like I had two dates to get past, the 7th week which is how big my baby was when it passed and my 12wk scan because that's when we found out. I too had a bad feeling the whole pregnancy but couldn't tell anyone. It was unplanned and I kept thinking I was in shock. All these awful things kept happening at the time too, I was really stressed. And my toddler son slammed himself down on my lower stomach when I was 5 wks, I always wonder if that affected things as it showed a hematoma that never bled out. The things you wonder hey, when this stuff is just out of your control.
    I have felt happier since I feel her moving but that innocence is never recaptured. I haven't had that innocence since my first, after that I started hearing stories and reading on the internet! Too much info can be a bad thing.

Its great you have a good dr taking care of you and close monitoring.
    Will you find out the gender? Maybe you have a lil boy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thabks French pear, I have a feeling its another girl, I've just felt the same as I did with dd. Realistically though going by dates it could be a boy so who knows! Dd turned 2 in March so we will have a 2yr7mth gap

Its great that your ob is able to see you weekly, it must be a little comforting having that extra care. I strangely felt something was not right with both my losses too. The first one, the last thing I did before leaving for our nt scan was read the little part in my pregnancy book about 'could my baby have died and I not know' morbid I know but needless to say it was a huge shock to find that yes, our bub had stopped growing 4wks earlier despite the healthy early scan and ongoing ms. Our bub last year I couldn't shake the feeling from day one - when we saw a good hb at both early scans, I figured we would get high trisomy odds at the nt scan. Didn't get that far though, our reassurance scan showed bubs heart had again stopped. Wish I never had the feelings as I feel like I doomed them

I still have a lot of anxiety which is strange as I'm not usually an anxious person. I was the same with dd though and once we got past the 20wk scan, I relaxed a lot and we were able to share our news. Same this time, there are a lot of people who we still haven't told, waiting for the scan to share with them

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks, French Pear. Yes, we found out at the morph scan that we're having a boy.

I certainly felt better once I passed the miscarriage date and 13-week scan. I was very anxious before that one - worried about Down syndrome, etc because I am an older first-time mum (I'm 40) and classed as a higher risk in general. And at 19 weeks, seeing that everything was as it should be was a massive relief.

I've had a few hiccups early on which fed my anxiety. I had to go for a scan at 5 weeks as I was having a lot of pain and assumed that the pregnancy wasn't going to last; my doctor was concerned that it was an ectopic pregnancy. No heartbeat visible at 5 weeks of course so had to go back the following week for another scan, which turned out all good.

My blood pressure was very high for the first trimester, I'd say mostly because I was so anxious. But thankfully dr checked it out and I got diagnosed at 10 weeks with gestational diabetes, just to add another layer of complexity to the pregnancy. I openly admit I have not coped with that very well. I just felt like everything was piling up against this poor baby surviving. I also felt cheated that here was I - someone within the normal weight range who ate a healthy diet and got exercise regularly - being diagnosed with GD. Didn't seem fair, but I just didn't understand back then that GD has nothing to do with general health it's just your body's inability to produce enough insulin because of the crazy preggo hormones and the placenta.

It's really only in the last couple of weeks that I'm more accepting and confident with managing the GD, although I do not enjoy the pinprick blood sugar tests or insulin needles four times a day! Not sure that's something I could get used to on a long-term basis but it should go away as soon as bubba is born. I have to try and look on the positive side of it - the GD diet will keep me and bubba from putting on excessive weight.

It is wonderful that your dr is monitoring you so carefully. You must feel very well looked after. I have been so grateful for the attentiveness of the drs looking after me. I do think that has helped to calm me down over time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's great to hear how everyone is coming along. I'm just shy of 18 weeks and the majority of my anxiousness has gone but I'm sure it will pick back up for my morph scan. I

Sent from my GT-I9210T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Evening ladies would love to join to have some extra support. I has a miscarriage last month at 7 weeks and I have fallen pregnant again straight away and I am currently 6 weeks pregnant now. As it's nearing the 7 weeks again I am super anxious and even though I have all day nausea ( hopefully a good sign) I am eating everything in sight to make me feel better! I love to hear how everyone is progressing gives me hope.