Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Are you in hospy now babe? Msg me if u need anything over the wkend x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to blissfulfairy For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (17-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My twins were born at 32 weeks as the smaller of the two was severely growth restricted. He was starting to struggle and therefore was better out than in. Both were in NICU but were able to breath on their own. A few days later they were transferred to the SCN. I was able to take our bigger twin home after 5 weeks but was still visiting the hospital everyday as his twin was there for another 6 weeks. They are now 5 months (3 months corrected) and doing well. They've reached milestones a bit later (corrected age) but not by much. The health nurse has said they're in between corrected and actual age, so a bit ahead of where they would be if born on their due date. We were very prepared for their early arrival as we knew from early on I'd be lucky to make it to 30 weeks, 32 was a blessing. Best thing I did was join a support group on Facebook and spoke to others who've been in the same situation. They shared their experience and photos so I knew how small they would be, how many wires they'd be attached to. But nothing prepares you for life in NICU or SCN. Both have bad reflux which is a common premmie thing. My smaller twin has feeding issues and still has an NG tube. That's more to do with his IUGR and VSD (hole in his heart) than being a premmie. Feel free to ask any questions. It's overwhelming but with good support you will be ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our bubba was born at 27 weeks, due to Severe early on set Pre eclampsia, and extreme growth restriction.
    He has no complications in terms of milestones. He is still very tiny. 5 months old corrected he is just 5 kg. he also came home on oxygen after 126 days in hospital.

I hope they can sort this out for you quickly. In terms of gestation your bub is fairly well developed he/she may only need help with feeding etc. hopefully they can extend your pregnancy and keep you both safe and well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bella1607 View Post
    Our bubba was born at 27 weeks, due to Severe early on set Pre eclampsia, and extreme growth restriction.
    He has no complications in terms of milestones. He is still very tiny. 5 months old corrected he is just 5 kg. he also came home on oxygen after 126 days in hospital.

I hope they can sort this out for you quickly. In terms of gestation your bub is fairly well developed he/she may only need help with feeding etc. hopefully they can extend your pregnancy and keep you both safe and well.
    Things have been going okay. My seizures increasing daily but I have support people with me which is driving me bonkers!!! I am trying to learn to relax more its hard. Bp is on high side and im on weekly visits and phone calls too. One more grand mal looks like bub will exit

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (17-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My water broke at 26 weeks with DS2, I was in hospital until I started to get an infection that kicked off spontaneous labour at 32 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 27 + 5 when my waters broke. Bubs was born by emergency c-section. Apparently I have a heart shaped uterus which caused the membrane to rupture. Can't remember the medical term. He was 1274g when born which was a really good size. He spent about 70 days in hospital. We had some ups and downs while he was in hospital but he is now almost 5kg and thriving.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My niece was born at 24 weeks because she put her foot through her mums cervix. She was on bottles by the time she was 3 weeks old. She was such a fighter and so amazing. She will be 11 in March and is absolutely perfect.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by M2O84 View Post
    All are different my dd2 was born at 35weeks but was still in the SCN for almost 2 weeks as was having trouble feeding and had jaundice (which she needed treatment for and the jaundice also made her quite sleepy). She had to be fed most of her feeds by an NG tube (all her tube feeds were with EBM) but she slowly increased her suck feeds, sometimes she'd have a really good day with mostly breast feeds, but then would get too tried at night to take a bottle for the nurses and would have to be tube fed, so it was a bit 2 steps forward and then 1 step back for a while. Once she had been taking all suck feeds for 48 hours then we had to room in for another 24 hours and she also had to be back above her birth weight before they were happy to let us go home. It's tough for the parents having to leave their little ones in the hospital and not being able to bring them home straight away. I found it very tough but was very thankful that it was only for a couple of weeks, there were a lot of other parents in their at the time who were doing it much tougher and their babies had been in there for a lot longer/ still had a long road ahead before they were able to bring their little ones home. Hoping your little one is able to stay put for as long and safely as possible for you & bub.
    Yes. my bubba was 35 weeks to the day and had to stay in special care for 2 1/2 weeks. He had some jaundice and needed to be tube fed because he wouldn't suck and tired very quickly. When i took him home he was still only one breast feed a day and the rest on bottle but we slowly got him all on breast when we got home. I just give him the occasional bottle now so that some one else can feed him if i have to go out. We didn't get to room in because the hospital was too full but the paed gave us the ok to take him home.

I felt ok when i was still in the hospital with him, but had a bit of a cry to my husband the night before i had to go home and then a lot of a cry when i left hospital. Then went in for as many of his feeds as I could when i left. My ob said she didn't know why he was early... My family claims i was working to hard, walking too fast, because of gestational diabetes blah blah blah. But really, my Ob said it was just one of those things that happens... I went into the hospital with backache and we spent 2 days trying to keep him in but he wanted out. I thank god that he is healthy now and home with me. I wish you luck and hope that your bubba stays in as long as can be.
    Last edited by Rueblade; 29-01-2014 at 18:27.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rueblade For This Useful Post:

DelenaTVD  (11-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son was 2 weeks premmie due to me having cholestasis. It wasn't caught until 37 weeks and on the 38th week i was induced. He was definitely not ready to be born Not breathing at birth, cord wrapped around his neck, he wasn't engaged at time of induction, was slightly transverse, full placental abruption. I did nothing but cry in hospital hearing all the babies crying and everything around me while my little boy was in intensive care He was on CPAP for 8 days and i had to pump milk which was hard as i didn't own a pump so everyday when i visited i had to use the hospital one. But the hospital was fantastic. They were totally caring and i could go down at any time when i was in hospital and when i was home i could call at anytime to check on him. The nurses at the hospital were lovely. Hope you are ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    hello,

I have no idea why she came early. She just did! I had no health problems during pregnancy. She decided she wanted out!