+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default I'm so frustrated!

We have been struggling to find ANY names we agree on for this Bub and were hoping our problems would be somewhat alleviated when we found out the sex. At my 20 week scan baby wouldn't budge. Legs and thighs tightly crossed, feet up near its head, all curled up in a ball. So it's a surprise baby!
    What can we do now? I am do bummed! One of the special things is picking or at least thinking of names. Has anyone else had problems with finding ANY names to agree on? What did you do to create some kind of Shortlist?
    Tia

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Cheeky baby! I was lucky as DP and I agreed on boys names but had DS been a girl - totally different story - we are worlds apart on girls names!

I found myself watching the credits after movies and tv shows to see if any names stood out. Books as well - character names etc...

Good luck with it all :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are not finding out gender but this time it is so hard to pick a name!!
    I have gone through my book of 75,000 baby names, looked through lists of top 100 names, movie credits even looking at ppls name tags. And coming up with nothing.
    Good Luck!!

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you able to book another scan? I haven't done it personally, but I know others on here have had private gender scans. Maybe google places in your area and see how much the cost is?

As for names, our first was a surprise, we had long lists if girls and boys names. I'd keep a list and pen with me at all times. Like the pp, I'd study the credits on tv and movies, had books and googled baby names. Then dh and I would go through the lists we made and compare, we'd come up with short lists then favourites. In the end we had a girl and her name suits her perfectly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately any afford another scan but movie credits, now Id never thought of that. I'm so glad you have a while after baby is born before a name needs to be settled on. I think this will be Baby 'Lastname' for a while.
    It's such a bummer but I am coming around to the idea of a surprise.
    Only 20 weeks to go... Please go by quickly!
    Thanks for the ideas, everyone, of where to look for names.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How about you and ur partner go online and each write a list of 10 names you like for each sex then swap list. Then you can either cross out ones you hate, circle the maybes and tick the ones you love then start a shortlist from there.

You can add more as you find ones you both agree on. I find picking a theme and searching it helps for example dp has a Spanish background and is a from new Zealand so we searched Spanish names and Maori names, or chose a letter you like I seem to lean towards names beginning with A, E, L, and M I don't know why. Rule out names that don't go with your surname or styles you dont like for example I can't use names starting with S because it doesn't flow with our surname and maybe you don't want long names or names that can be shortened. Looking at tv and movie titles is a good idea too I always do this and I found lots of inspiration and the unusual name threads on here.

Good luck. It's a big task naming someone for the rest of their life!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app