+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Adelaide Hospitals and Obs-Private

Hello
    Hubby and I are going thru IVF currently but I would like a list of Obs in case we are super lucky and have success soon. I know good Obs book out quickly.
    Im considering Burnside, Calvary and Ashford. Never been to any of them.
    I live rural so location doesnt matter.
    I will require a ceaser for medical reasons. I would like an OB who is skilled with high risk patients.
    Please tell me the pros and cons of the hospital you went to.
    Also the appropriate cost of your OB. I have top cover PHI.
    And crazy question but if you know what days your OB does elective ceasers that would be good to know.
    Anything else you think would be good to know please share :-)
    Thanks in advance:-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I loved mine, Dr Stephen Lane, of Adelaide Obstetric in Goodwood. And his partner Simona Fischer is also great. I saw both of them for my higher risk pregnancy (I had large fibroids) and both were present for my Caesar at Ashford. A year later Dr Lane did my follow-up surgery to remove my fibroids. Sorry don't really remember the cost. Insurance covered all the hospital stuff but not Ob checkups, but I only had mid-level cover. Office staff are lovely, too, and I was there a lot due to complications.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and I really liked Ashford. Not that I know any other hospitals, but I have spent about 13 days as an admitted patient in past three years and staff were great, rooms comfy etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I saw Linda McKendrick who was recommended to me because I was high risk. I really liked her, I also really liked ashford. She was about $90 per visit, then a payment of around $2200 at the 27 week mark.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with Mopeg. Stephen Lane was my FS (Repromed - although he's moved now) and also my OB with my first pregnancy and will be for this second one also. His rooms are on Goodwood Road at Hyde Park. My pregnancies are considered high risk due to my Type 1 Diabetes and I did end up going a bit earlier than planned because of "pre" pre-eclampsia. I had a scheduled C-section at Ashford on a Wednesday in 2010 - no idea what days he does now! haha I also found Ashford to be good - loved some middies more than others but you'd probably get that at any hospital. I stayed for 6 days and my first child stayed in the nursery for 10 days.

I can't fault Dr Lane's care which is why I wanted to see him again.

Not sure of costs off hand but I'm sure they could email them to you.
    www.adelobs.com.au

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I used Dr Mandy Nichols, who consults and delivers at Ashford. She is awesome. My pregnancies were not high risk, though. I also live remotely, and Ashford was amazing - in all honesty I cannot fault a single thing. When I had DS2, they had the option to go to the Hilton (now it is Redezvous Allegra) and that was amazing. I got to go for three nights, after only 2 at the hospital, despite having a c-section because I felt so amazing!

For high risk, I absolutely agree with Dr Stephen Lane. One of my good friends goes to Dr Lane, she has had IVF for both her boys and sadly one was stillborn at full term, delivered by Dr Lane and the care he has given her then and since has been nothing short of amazing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Stephen lane has just had back surgery so out of work for a while.

I see dr mckendrick love her but dont lkke her fill in had massive probs with him feel free pm me. His name ray yoong. I will be putting a complaint in.

her fee $2400 and $90 per visit

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there. I recently had Dr Mandy Nichole's from Ashford Private Hospital. I am rural too on the Eyre Peninsula so location didn't matter for me either. Mandy saw me at 8, 10, 14, 18, 22, 24, 28, 32, 36, 37 and 38 weeks and I had my Caesarian at 38 weeks 1 day. It was about $300 for the first initial consult and we got about $100 back through Medicare, then for each appointment it was $90 with $40 back and at 24 weeks we paid the pregnancy management few of $2700 which we got $500 back through Medicare. We have mid hospital cover with Medibank private so only paid for our excess and I paid for my anaesthetist gap of $360.

As for Mandy she was fantastic. I went to her at my first consult wanting a Caesarian. It was what I wanted as I have some anxiety issues and felt this is what I could cope with for the birth. She listened to all my feelings and I never felt she judged or tried to change my mind at all. I also had mixed feelings about breast feeding and again she was supportive with my decision either way.

She does her caesarians on Tuesdays (afternoons my son was born 4:15pm) and on Thursdays, but will organise a Caesarian any time should you go into early labour before you scheduled date.
    So I would highly recommend Mandy, I know it costs more but my husband and I were so happy with her care and the service we got that we would use her again in an instant. Oh and if you go to Ashford Dr Chris Munt is one of the paediatricians there and he was fantastic!! Would highly recommend him, he is Mandy's fav also I think!

As for Ashford I really don't have any negatives. The labour and post birth ward are fantastic, very new and like being in a hotel really. Each room is private with ensuite and a sofa bed for hubby, this was our first and my husband stayed each night. We had my Caesarian on the Tuesday and on Friday afternoon moved to the Rendevous Grand Hotel in Adelaide for the last two nights (5 nights total for c section) as part of their Baby Bliss program and it was fantastic also. In the hospital the midwifes were fantastic, the food I thought was very good by hospital standard, the care was wonderful. At the hotel there are midwives there 24 hours and help with anything you need there also with bub or feeding or pain for yourself. As for my c section I was very anxious and nervous and ended up having panic attacks in the theatre, all the nurses, anaesthetist, everyone were wonderful, calm, caring and gave me wonderful support. For me it found the experience hard and confronting, just because of my issues and feeling very vulnerable and embarrassed I guess during some of the procedures, but the staff were wonderful and the best I think I could have hoped for!

If you want any other info in the Caesarian and such (can't remember if you said you had had one before or not) anyway happy if you want to PM and chat, I had so many questions before and used this forum to find out as much as I could so happy to help another!
    Good luck with your baby and I hope you can get the birth you want! Don't ever let anyone judge you on how you want to birth or feed your baby, I had lots of guilt over choosing to formula feed my son but I made the right choice for me and that's all you can ever do is be happy with and in yourself for your bubs sake!
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I used Dr Jeffery Hillen in Prospect, absolutely LOVED him!!! He delivers at Calvary, North Eastern, W&C and somewhere else. He was absolutely amazing! I think his 30 week management fee was $2400

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Stephen lane has just had back surgery so out of work for a while.

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Are you sure? He's my OB and I had an appointment with him a couple of weeks ago...and one coming up. He didn't mention it.

He's left Repromed but is still consulting privately and will be moving to another fertility clinic soon - obviously no affect on his OB services.