+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My GP did it (at my nagging) at 12 weeks and no heart beat. I had a scan on Tuesday at 14+2 and all was fine. My GO said she doesn't like to use the Doppler until 17 weeks as it causes unnecessary stress when you don't hear it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The first time my doctor tried it on me I was 17 weeks, it took at least 15 minutes to find and he had to call in another doctor, who managed to only catch the heartbeat for a couple of beats. …So even when it's later in pregnancy dopplers can be tricky, I definitely wouldn't worry!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dr heard my bubs at 14 weeks & she didn't think she'd be able to. I now know that the only reason it was easy to find is my placenta is at the back of my uterus not the front.

Don't stress, I'm a bit annoyed the dr would even try considering it was likely to stress you out

Thanks
    Reviews
    They tried to get one for my bub at 12 weeks but they didn't find anything. She said it was probably way too early but she thought she'd give it a go anyway because she has managed to get them early before and people like to hear it. But I wasn't really worried when we didn't hear anything because I'd only just seen him at our US a week before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My gp wasn't able to find the hb with a doppler at 16 weeks. It wasn't til i was 20 weeks or so that the ob and midwives were able to find the heartbeat easily. This is due to my placenta being at the front. We always got lots of "pregnancy sounds" though

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I looked into buying a dopplers while pregnant with DD, all the machines said they couldn't be used before 14weeks. Your GP is a nincompoop!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialK For This Useful Post:

NewMrs  (22-01-2014)

waitsee is offline “While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I remember i was pregnant with ds, I went to the gp for something and the relief dr thought he'd try the doppler out and nope, couldnt find the heartbeat but I knew bubs was fine as I could feel him and see my stomach rolling around, after consulting another dr he realised he was using the machine incorrectly!

Sent from my GT-P3110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

samilia is offline Our family is almost complete <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the EXACT same thing happen to me.. I think I was 11 and a half weeks and they couldn't hear/find the heartbeat on the Doppler...!!! I panicked!! I went the hospital and got an U/S and there she was totally fine (she's almost 3yrs old now). Try not to worry, it's too early, those dopplers are best from 12- 13 weeks onwards. Xx

Me 25
    DH 29
    DD #1- 30.11.08
    DD #2- 28.03.11
    #3-due 17.09.14!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im curious @2FurBabies how did you go?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NewMrs View Post
    Im curious @2FurBabies how did you go?
    Hi, all went very well thankfully. My NT scan was very low risk and bub was being really active and took ages to cooperate!!!

I actually had another appt with my GP yesterday at 13 weeks and she had another go with the Doppler an got the hb this time!