+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't really have a set amount. If I go to a baby shower, I spend less on the "birth" present. I usually take an outfit for the baby, flowers & a small pamper gift for the mum to the hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i only buy 1 gift if they have a shower they get gift then if not when i visit or i will post if its an out of area friend. I dont spend more then $50 for gifts. I find something i like that suits that friend and baby so if its on sale and cheaper bonus they may get something better if not it will be something suitable. That being said i dont expect friends to buy me gifts for my shower and at other times aswell it would make me feel greedy, happy to offers of cooked meals though if they want to do something to help.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I attend a baby shower I don't buy a gift after the baby is born, just a card.
    Maximum spend is around $50, none of my close close friends have had babies yet but I would say $100ish.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I try & avoid baby showers where i can, i give a gift when the babies born usually $20-30

Thanks
    Reviews
    I havent actually been to many baby showers.

For new baby I normally buy an outfit in a bigger size and a teething toy which I give when I first meet bub. I also usually put together a hamper for the new parents which I drop on the doorstep within the first few days of coming home. It normally has easy foods - pop tarts, nuts / trail mix or dried fruit, muesli bars, muffins, crackers, fresh fruit and some rolls or a pullapart... things that are easy to eat on the go. I usually just drop this and run :-)

*Happiness is not a destination, it's a way of life*

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blissfulfairy For This Useful Post:

fullofhope  (12-01-2014),Pearl Barley  (10-01-2014),Purple Lily  (09-01-2014),saxonrose  (12-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Baby shower gift about $50.

Birth usually an outfit & flowers for the mum...whatever that costs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by blissfulfairy View Post
    I havent actually been to many baby showers.

For new baby I normally buy an outfit in a bigger size and a teething toy which I give when I first meet bub. I also usually put together a hamper for the new parents which I drop on the doorstep within the first few days of coming home. It normally has easy foods - pop tarts, nuts / trail mix or dried fruit, muesli bars, muffins, crackers, fresh fruit and some rolls or a pullapart... things that are easy to eat on the go. I usually just drop this and run :-)

*Happiness is not a destination, it's a way of life*
    What a great idea, love this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    A jumbo box of infant nappies and/ or baby wipes ... You know she's going to use them.
    With my DD being 10w I can speak from recent experience, don't get a stuffed toys, I got a million.
    I got a million muslin wraps and face washers.
    Try and buy outfits 000 or 00 but be aware of season when baby will fit into them.
    Onsies..... You can never have too many, on the over hand frilly tutu outfits you can....
    Unless she is a very good friend I'd be spending $30-50 on a baby shower gift and then if you visit in hospital or at home soon after I'd be taking mum all the things she couldn't eat while pregnant- soft cheese, pate, champagne!

** edited as I hit send too early!!
    Last edited by SpecialK; 09-01-2014 at 21:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    $40 on baby shower and then if they are a close friend or family $40-$50 on arrival gift.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't usually buy for the birth, especially if they've had a baby shower already. For the shower, it depends on the person. The last baby shower I went to was quite the gift grab, so a couple of friends and I put in about $20 each to buy a bundle of stuff. Another one I've been to I spent about $40 on fabric and spent hours sewing a mei tai, because I knew she would adore it. Close friends I might spend $50. So yeah it depends, on my budget at the time too.